IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What's happening to the Burg
6/16/11, 10:15 AM   #51
smokejohnson

Well said, racefan20. I have been laughing at this thread for 2 days now, and now I want to put in my 2 cents. PISS and MOAN, PISS and MOAN! See you Saturday
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
6/16/11, 10:21 AM   #52
Re: What's happening to the Burg
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyAndy View Post
I'm a "new" fan, only 31 years old, wide-eyed, have some disposable income... but, the commentary on this thread in particular really turns me off to grassroots, open-wheel racing.
Andy,

Take into consideration that most of the folks who are complaining the loudest on this board are still looking for a perfect track. Most will find it a difficult task since they seldom leave their computer chair and place their butt in a seat at the race track.

On any given race night, you will find a group of diehard race fans cheering on the men & women who bravely strap into a race car to entertain us fanatics. I would advise you to jump in with both feet and make your own judgement while enjoying a night AT THE RACES rather than listening to the keyboard jockeys. You won't regret it.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

6/16/11, 10:27 AM   #53
jim goerge

The biggest problem I have had on here lately is Hijacking threads. You can post about one track good are bad and someone will come along and tell you Well so and so track don:t do it like that and its better cuz they don:t. I think that a pile of BS. Instead of doing that I wish they would just start a new thread. If I was a new poster I am not sure I would come back to this site with all the bitchin and moanin thats been happening lately . Theres probley serveral that wish I:d leave anyhow. just my 2 cents worth .

1 member likes this post: REH24
6/16/11, 10:41 AM   #54
REH24

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyAndy View Post
I'm a "new" fan, only 31 years old, wide-eyed, have some disposable income... but, the commentary on this thread in particular really turns me off to grassroots, open-wheel racing.
Don't get turned off to grassroot open wheel racing because of some of the opinions on this or any other forums. In my opinion if it racing it is good just some better than others. You have to remember some race fans are no different than fans of other sports and that is they can have a silver spoon in their mouth but are not satisfied because it isn't a gold spoon. Sit back and enjoy racing and turn off the b&%$#$rs and whiners.

REH

3 members like this post: jim goerge, PJ Wright, SprintManDave
6/16/11, 10:46 AM   #55
LEADERS EDGE

Well....maybe I'm wrong, but the market place is often decided by the patron or in this case...where teams decide to race.

For whatever reason; many teams seem to decide to race elsewhere on Saturday nights. Even though the facility is top notch and the payout is excellent by local standards.

Could be a simple case of logistics.

I root for no one particular track and I wish each one had 70 cars a night.

I'm sure Dave and Kim do their best to sell their product and give all who come a good time.

I will say this....for every team I have talked to who enjoys running the 'Burg....I have spoken to 3 who have given me the reasons I stated before. Maybe it's perception or maybe it's reality or maybe it's just excuses.....
Last edited by LEADERS EDGE; 6/16/11 at 10:48 AM.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, SPRINTCAR
6/16/11, 10:58 AM   #56
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalYokel View Post
Y'all just love to complain don't you? I dare you not to complain about this post, but I know most of you can't help yourselves....

You even complain about something so insignificant as someone who is a fan of all of the racing a track as on its program? This board is filled with ********...
Posted via Mobile Device
And that is different how when the “you aren’t a real race fan if you don’t watch every lap of every class” card is played? This board has been beaten over the head with that one any time a negative comment is made about anything other than sprint cars. No need to get all bent out of shape and wish “55 modifieds would show up and run them all first”. I don’t get why it matters if people that came for the sprint show don’t really care about anything else. I’ve got no big beef with Nunn. All I’m saying is those types of comments have been made several times and they get old. Not all people like everything, big deal…move on…not everybody is the same. Last thing I'll say on it.

2 members like this post: jim goerge
6/16/11, 11:09 AM   #57
TQ29m

Just my opinion, but most owners and drivers, also have their "Hell yes", and "Hell no" tracks, or at least I do, and in this economy, a few of my favorite tracks, are just too far out of reach anymore, so I run my car, within about a 50-60 mile radius of my home, unfortunatly, that misses some, then I pick and choose out of what's left, never used to let distance dictate where I pulled to, now I do, just the way it is, I just wanted to include owners/drivers in where to race, is also a consideration. I also believe that some of this dirt, is wearing out, just as pavement does, but in this economy, I wouldn't expect any improvement for a good while, or until the "do rights" decide they want another Wal-Wart there, instead of a race track! Bob! I can remember a time when they drew for "rotation", or just did it every race, but we seem to have lost that choice, might be a "good thing"!
Last edited by TQ29m; 6/16/11 at 11:13 AM.

1 member likes this post: Phylo82
6/16/11, 1:05 PM   #58
newman1957

Since everyone else is complaining, here's mine. Dave, If I can't start ordering my chesseburgers medium well instead of them being well done all of the time then you'll never get me to buy another one. I will show you.... I'll only buy the hot dogs... and use extra mustard just to be wasteful and feel like I'm getting into your pocket. Also, just because I'm a sprint car mechanic, that doesn't mean I always want to smell like one, If you could put a cologne sprayer in the port-john along side the hand sanitizer, I'd appreciate it. I mean after all, if the truck stops have them, why shouldn't the burg. Another thing, the dirt has been harder to get off the race car lately. If you could start watering the track with only softened water, I think it would help me to wash the car easier.

As far as the track, the racing, and the continued hard working efforts by you and your team.... DON'T CHANGE A THING!!!! You are all doing an amazing job. I feel it's an honor to be able to say we race the high-banks of Lawrenceburg Speedway.

6/16/11, 1:55 PM   #59
Lawrenceburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post

So, You have to pit in gravel not mud, You have a paved push off lane not dirt and dust, A paved pit access road, Not mud. A 24hr Restroom that You can take a shower there, Camp there free *WITH HOOKUPS* Allowed to bring your own coolers in and food *No Alcohol* Have a well lit Pit area and second to none lit track. And we scream about a restroom?

The City's put more money every year into it. Do you want a penthouse suite with that Restroom?

And last but not least. AT LEAST THE BURG DRIVERS GOT PAID!!!!!!!!!!!

Sitting back, eating the popcorn.

13 or 56 sprints, I've never had a bad evening as a fan at the Burg. BTW that 13 was one night and I was at another track that only had 17 race. We've averaged about 21 so far this year.

Yeah, Im being a homer, I have a good time at the other tracks too and except for Eldora its been a great year at the races at many different tracks.
If you gave some members of this board a million dollars, they would complain that you didn't give it to them in thousand dollar increments.

6/16/11, 4:20 PM   #60
Phylo82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
Just my opinion, but most owners and drivers, also have their "Hell yes", and "Hell no" tracks, or at least I do, and in this economy, a few of my favorite tracks, are just too far out of reach anymore, so I run my car, within about a 50-60 mile radius of my home, unfortunatly, that misses some, then I pick and choose out of what's left, never used to let distance dictate where I pulled to, now I do, just the way it is, I just wanted to include owners/drivers in where to race, is also a consideration. I also believe that some of this dirt, is wearing out, just as pavement does, but in this economy, I wouldn't expect any improvement for a good while, or until the "do rights" decide they want another Wal-Wart there, instead of a race track! Bob! I can remember a time when they drew for "rotation", or just did it every race, but we seem to have lost that choice, might be a "good thing"!
I'd have to say I agree with this.....there are many tracks where I'd like to take the mini-sprint, but the thought of driving 2 to 3 hours knowing I will be spending $100 to $200 on gas before I ever leave the driveway makes heading to these tracks difficult.

We live 15 minutes from L-Burg, we love the facility. It's top notch and run extremely well. We are lucky to have it so close to where we live......that being said, I would have to admit there are many other tracks more suited to the 1000s than the 'Burg. But if I have my choice of the perfect track or the perfect location I am going to pick L'Burg 99 times out of 100.
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What's happening to the Burg