IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
reeserx (Online)
  #1 6/4/11 7:25 PM
Man it is raining crazy over here, it's rained downpour like since about 3pm, I highly doubt we get our race in
Posted using Mobile Device
Speedracer (Offline)
  #2 6/4/11 7:41 PM
hell of a storm
Posted via Mobile Device
reeserx (Online)
  #3 6/4/11 8:44 PM
Damn thing is still raging on, I have reports about water as deep as 6 inches on in 19
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #4 6/4/11 10:16 PM
I can tell you right now we have had more rain than I can remember, Kokomo Speedway is a lake as is the fields in the Kokomo area. To put it short Kokomo is a disaster area.

Jerry #66j
stida.com
reeserx (Online)
  #5 6/4/11 10:31 PM
I believe it, Kokomo just got bamboozled with this rain, I think they said we got like 3 or 4 inches and possibly more tomorrow
Hughes Racing
  #6 6/4/11 10:40 PM
From the way it sounds it does not look good for Kokomo Speedway. I guess those who have the intentions of running tomorrow will wait for Jill's announcements. We have not go any rain at my end but who knows we may get some the way the clouds are looking and how hot it is.
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #7 6/4/11 10:47 PM
In no way am I saying Kokomo will not run, what I am saying is this is one of the worst storms we have had since the July 4th flood a few years ago. The track has worked miracles before so do not in any way count them out until Jill gives the word.

Jerry #66j
stida.com
reeserx (Online)
  #8 6/4/11 11:00 PM
Ya know Jerry, I was thinking the exact same thing today as I was driving in the mess, it just never stopped
T&A Racing (Offline)
  #9 6/5/11 12:13 AM
You are probably right Reeser, but you've said that before and been wrong. Yes this was the most rain we have had in short period of time, but it does seem to draining a lot quicker than usual in my yard. So, the only positive hopefully it will be about the same in the Parking Lot and then it wouldn't require but as much pumping as last weekend.
i love dirt track racing (Offline)
  #10 6/5/11 12:48 AM
we went to the indy 500 last weekend and when we left the track after the race going up to kokomo we seen alot of fields going up that had standing water in them and we text one of the great i. o.w. fans to make sure that they were still racing at kokomo. and he said the show was still on .thanks to the great folks at the kokomo you made our trip one we will not forget. it was a long trip back home back to the burg but wow was it a great day. thanks.