IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
CTtoPA (Offline)
  #11 6/4/11 5:48 PM
Originally Posted by Stagger:
Good luck with that.

I have been to the Port. It is scary FAST. The straightaways are long and fast. I was surprised they added that track to the tour. Huge motor eater in my book.
If they got there and thought it was too fast after seeing it then shame on them. However, I wont speculate. If Mr Miller is interested in expanding his brand then he's going to have to do some PR work here. They have a superior product compared to the WoO but USAC's marketing sucks. Period.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: Pat O'Connor Fan, Stagger
chrismattlin (Offline)
  #12 6/4/11 7:35 PM
Never been to Port Royal, but your telling me it's faster than Lawrenceburg and/or Eldora? I'm pretty sure all the USAC travelers who would have been there tonight have raced at both tracks....
3 Likes: cowboyhar69, jim goerge, nowingsjeff
Stagger (Offline)
  #13 6/4/11 7:49 PM
It is faster than "The Grove" and "the Burg" corner entrance speeds are insane. Eldora is different but I bet the entrance speeds are faster.
cshuman (Offline)
  #14 6/4/11 7:50 PM
That place looked about like terre haute, a little narrower, with a little bit tighter corners.. I'm sure it is damn fast, but not the widow maker everyone made it out to be. The track worker said its a half mile 10 ft off the gaurd rail.. I'm sure it would have been a good race.
Posted via Mobile Device
c47 (Offline)
  #15 6/4/11 8:34 PM

front straight....wing car
randyrad (Offline)
  #16 6/4/11 10:30 PM
Just got home from a wasted 320mi roundtrip to Port Royal.
Rolled into Port at 6pm to find a beautiful sunny evening in the Tuscarora Mtns ...& an empty race track.
This, after 2 wasted 180 mi roundtrips to Williams Grove for cancelled USAC races in recent years.
The racing was still great at Grandview & Lincoln, despite the dry tracks.
Last year's USAC Lincoln race was the best I've ever seen there.
The local PA fans really enjoyed it. Last year at both PA tracks & Hagerstown (in prior years), were all great.
Lincoln regularly gets shows in after more rain than that.
The Grove cancels USAC twice, in conditions they'd stay all night for the WOO or All Stars.
Very Disappointing.
Thanks to all the USAC teams who hauled East & the local teams who took off the wing.
It was great ...while it lasted.
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #17 6/4/11 10:43 PM
To put Grandview in with Lincoln does Grandview a huge injustice. Lincoln was not very good. Lernerville was fine, Grandview was awesome (best race I've seen all year), Lincoln to me was pretty sad.
CTtoPA (Offline)
  #18 6/4/11 11:06 PM
Lincoln sealed over last year and was crap. Montieth running well was the saving grace. I went to Selinsgrove tonight. We are about to start the 358 feature after a 2 hour rain delay. Check that rained again. Sprint car feature postponed. Maybe USAC made the right call!
berks co (Offline)
  #19 6/5/11 9:39 AM
Last nite Gview was great!!! Last lap pass for the win with the 1c of CVD taking the W. I'm pissed that Prt Ryl did not race but Gview came thru with a thriller
Posted using Mobile Device
2 Likes: c47, mowerman
c47 (Offline)
  #20 6/5/11 10:29 AM
and montieth, with a last lap pass, took the win at lincoln at 2:15 this morning (with a wing)