IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Indy1808 (Offline)
  #1 5/25/11 1:54 PM
Is this still a go? It thundered rained & tornadoed all over here this AM In East Central Illinois. Im packing the car now.

Peace & love to all.
God bless our Troops at home and abroad.
INDY1808 SEE YOU AT THE RACES !
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing
767 (Offline)
  #2 5/25/11 2:46 PM
Still on from everything I can find. Heading up at 4. Just talked with a company that we supply parts to that is 10min from the track, he said it has looked like rain several times today, but no rain yet. Keeping my fingers crossed. Love watching these cars!
racerdog45
  #3 5/25/11 3:23 PM
tornado watch for most of Indiana untill 7pm and some seriously nasty looking radar to the north of I-70 across the state....

I'm holding out hope for a great day Saturday for the one race I still look forward to every year, Little 500
2 Likes: 767, doug47
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #4 5/25/11 4:15 PM
A brief shower moved through here about 1/2 hour ago. Right now the sun is shining and it looks good. However, in looking at the radar, a lot of red, yellow and green along a front about an hour away. I will try to update on this thread as I can.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
767 (Offline)
  #5 5/25/11 4:20 PM
I have tickets for the show, so we are going ahead and heading up that way. Sat threw lot of storms at this track and even a tornado. The banking really helps the track dry fast. I will never forget one night when I was a kid, we were setting on the back stretch. It was raining on the road right behind the bleachers. Never rained on the track. It was cool. Really weird thing, when we went out to the car after the last race, the car was wet. Never had 1 delay for rain the entire night. Wish I had a camera phone back then :2:
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #6 5/25/11 5:01 PM
At 5:00 PM we now have a light drizzle but nothing more than that. Probably will see a delay at the least but it is still a go at this point.

5:30 PM now and the light drizzle has ended. Walking out the door to head to the speedway. Keep your fingers crossed for no more weather issues.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
doug47 (Offline)
  #7 5/25/11 6:07 PM
any updates thanks doug
micro94 (Offline)
  #8 5/25/11 6:14 PM
Its 6:15 now.I live about 20 blocks from the track and we had a little drizzle like mudpacker said but almost dry again now.We do have some thunder rollin every once in a while and acording to channel 13 rain about 25 minutes out.It has been dicapating and going to the north and south of us most all day though.
doug47 (Offline)
  #9 5/25/11 6:46 PM
just looked at radar hate to say this but when is the make up date for this race mybe thursday after qualifing ????? sorry doug
apexonephoto (Offline)
  #10 5/25/11 7:03 PM
From cmakin's FB:
Qualifying at Anderson complete. Jacob Wilson with fast time.
2 Likes: IndyBound, team3521