IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > KISS Sprints L-Burg is official
5/23/11, 6:23 AM   #31
Re: KISS Sprints L-Burg is official
cecil98

I'm really struggling with Mr. Short's math, here. How do the Rudisell's benefit by not finishing the feature, rather than complete it (or rerun it) on another date??? ''All" of the money committed/promised, is being paid to the organization and the racers. Also, Mr. Short, did you look up into the grandstand? I don't think anyone is getting rich off of Saturday's crowd. In my opinion, attendance was disappointing, at best. I think the reality of it is, that Mr. Short and several other disgruntled teams, feel like 12 laps didn't allow a fair amount of time to advance their postition and claim a larger portion of the purse and the points. While this may be a legitimate beef, the weather and the timing of the storm, created a difficult situation for the promotor and track officials, thus, a decision had to be made and this was the call they felt was best. Also, from an economic standpoint, the racers used less than half of the fuel, the tire wear and the wear and tear on the race car Saturday so, they did recover some of their perceived losses.......Again, Mr. Short (or anyone else for that matter) please elucidate for me how a promotor gains after paying out all promised money even though the race was flagged short??????? I truly may be missing something here.....
Last edited by cecil98; 5/23/11 at 8:53 AM.

4 members like this post: dirtzilla, FishBurger, Gregg, jim goerge
5/23/11, 6:41 AM   #32
kdmillerman

why not payout all drivers the the same points and money evenly. divide up the money and points for all who made the main

1 member likes this post: dusty tracks
5/23/11, 7:18 AM   #33
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRube View Post
How does paying a purse favor the track hosting? It could have been called a complete show with all the b mains ran and no one getting paid.
Posted via Mobile Device
I dare not speak for any team here but that is fact at most tracks. Completion of B mains are complete shows. No fan or team gets anything back except maybe B Main payout and start money.

I understand there are some running for the KISS championship who may not have gotten a finish they wanted for whatever reason. Did everyone scream it should have been cancelled when MSCS or USAC? cut the last five laps at THAT last year due to curfew? Could someone else had won had it not been?

The race starts at the Does it have to end at 30?

A little damp moss to throw on the fire..........

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
Whoever came up with saying "damned if you do; damned if you don't" HAD to be talking about a racetrack promoter.

Yeah, No Rapture but Dave got Damned anyway. J/K

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
5/23/11, 11:32 AM   #34

no matter what would have happened people would be on here bashing. Cancel the race before the night because of weather people would have ran them into the ground. The track tried. Got part of it in. Chit happens, time to move on. Good call

2 members like this post: dirtzilla, jim goerge
5/23/11, 11:48 AM   #35
Gregg

I wished we could have seen a rescheduled complete race but I am neither a racing promoter nor in charge of scheduling. I may be wrong but I think at this point with so many rainouts this year at all the tracks it would be a nightmare to reschedule dates for these weather affected races. Under the circumstances I think this was the right call.

5/23/11, 1:24 PM   #36
treecitytornado

I am curious why they didn't run it next Saturday with the rescheduled MSCS Show. They have co-sanctioned races before at Haubstadt I believe. If you don't come back next Saturday it would be your loss, because you could finish the KISS A-Main and have a chance to make some money in the MSCS Feature too. It seems logical,but maybe I'm crazy.
Posted via Mobile Device

5/23/11, 1:38 PM   #37
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_vennard54 View Post
This is gonna get good.. .. congrats to DC .. .. I'm sure though this is going to raise a lot of question and great commentary via this board.. I intend to sit back and watch in wonder..
Wanna share some popcorn?

5/23/11, 2:28 PM   #38
Sandy Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
I am curious why they didn't run it next Saturday with the rescheduled MSCS Show. They have co-sanctioned races before at Haubstadt I believe. If you don't come back next Saturday it would be your loss, because you could finish the KISS A-Main and have a chance to make some money in the MSCS Feature too. It seems logical,but maybe I'm crazy.
Posted via Mobile Device
As Dave stated in an earlier post KISS races are not rescheduled if they are rained out (as per an agreement with all of the KISS promoters).
Think of it like this - if it was a USAC race could Dave just reschedule it whenever he wanted?

5/23/11, 2:50 PM   #39
SPRINTCAR

Can I get in next week for 2/3rds of the price of admission?

1 member likes this post: dusty tracks
5/23/11, 6:32 PM   #40
curbservice

I wasen't there Saturday nor have I been there since the track was redone, but I'm gonna throw my opinoin out there.

1) Dave really had no choice but to pay out the money if he couldn't reschedual. F---- with the racers money in this econmey is bad business and a bad idea.

2) The rescheduleing rule should be revisted just for this reason. If it's a complete wash out so be it don't reschedule, if it rains after the A main is set or before the half way point of the feature the the feature should be rescheduled on the next best date for the track.

3) If you can't make it back to race on the make up date sorry but thats your loss, racing like gambeling sometimes you win most of the time you loose.

Did the racers loose something, yes but the fans lost more they payed to see a full show and got what sounds like five laps of racing give or take and the rest of the laps driving around in the rain. I'm not bashing Dave I'm stating the facts.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > KISS Sprints L-Burg is official