IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Spartan Sprints Rained out
5/13/11, 10:50 PM   #1
Spartan Sprints Rained out
Bad Dad 54

Feature got under way ok but around 10 laps or so the rains came. Good thing I went to my truck it started pouring. Tom Fedewa was on the move on the outside having a good run. Taylor Fern was doing good then spun out just B4 the rains hit. Jim Heeney clobbered the wall when Mike Austrakas and he tangled in hot laps. Mike had his hand up his Dad told me but such is racing. Kevin Feeney loaned an axle, Steve Davis loaned a drag link. 3 different teams were helping Jim get humpty dumpty back together. Car developd a smoking problem when it went back out. So missed the heat, problem continued in at the feature so Jim called it a night. Earlier Gavin Hunyady had no where to go when a car spun in front of him ending his night.

5/14/11, 10:05 AM   #2
Re: Spartan Sprints Rained out
doug47
Inactive Member

how many cars i was thinking of going to the next race there .last time i was at sparten was 1980s when TRY SAC ran there i think lenny waldo won it

5/14/11, 12:51 PM   #3
staggerman

16 cars last night. I think they had 19 two weeks ago.

1 member likes this post: doug47
5/14/11, 9:12 PM   #4
Bad Dad 54

Was still a good show w/ that many cars, watching Fedewa on the outside doin it the hard way was worth it.

5/14/11, 9:44 PM   #5
Speedwrench

Does Chris Hettinger have a ride for this year?

I know he supported the Spartan series last year.

Thanks

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Spartan Sprints Rained out