IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bad news...
4/19/11, 3:01 PM   #31
Re: Bad news...
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Bill,

We just returned from our Talladega trip and I am certainly saddened by the news. As my grandson battled this dreaded disease, you were a voice of reason and inspiration. I certainly wish there was something that I could say to make this all better. I will continue to pray for your recovery and leave you with these words that the Padfield family lives by daily. Dream, Hope, Believe.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4/19/11, 3:01 PM   #32
SCOTT M

Praying for you and your family. God be with you.

4/19/11, 3:02 PM   #33
Rick Eaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
Pete, it is ironic that you would bring up Jimmy V... His speech is one that I find myself replaying over and over. I love it!

YouTube - Jimmy's 1993 ESPY Speech

Bill,

I'm a huge college basketball fan (although you can't tell that from my awful showing in your IOW board contest). I watch the Jimmy V Classic games every year and I always get goose bumps when watching the speech. That man couldn't even walk up and down the stairs unaided but when he started talking it was like he was infused with a strength, or spirit, that just took him over. His words are inspiring, whether one is fighting illness or not.

I wish you the best.

4/19/11, 3:31 PM   #34
Jerry Spencer

Sounds like a good time for matching tattoos, you do need a pit pass. We never stopped thinking about you and several other of our friends fighting everyday.

Jerry #66j
stida.com

4/19/11, 5:10 PM   #35
Pat O'Connor Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBurger View Post
Hang tough RACER.
When I started going to the pits as a "gopher" almost 50 years ago, I soon learned that real racing people referred to a person as a "racer" when they wanted to pay a compliment. Marv's brief sentence of encouragement, which I have quoted, says it all.
See ya at the track, racer!

4/19/11, 6:26 PM   #36
TeamCGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
Pete, it is ironic that you would bring up Jimmy V... His speech is one that I find myself replaying over and over. I love it!

YouTube - Jimmy's 1993 ESPY Speech
Hey Bill,

Just watched it again. Thanks for posting it so everyone can enjoy one of the most famous speeches of our time. It gives me chills every time.

Keep the faith brother...

pg

4/19/11, 8:02 PM   #37
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Bill, I don't know what else to say that hasn't already been said.My Family will be praying for you everyday.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

4/19/11, 8:22 PM   #38
bojo20

Bill as Jimmy V,said don't ever give up and I know you won't. Absolutly love IOW and can't thank you enough for all you do.Would love to meet you at the track when I am back in Indiana.We will continue to keep you in our prayers==============joe

4/19/11, 8:36 PM   #39
Bad Dad 54

The news of your Cancer coming back saddens me, you & your family will be in my prayers. Be strong & know God is w/ you no matter what, his ways are not our ways.

4/19/11, 9:13 PM   #40
Danny Burton

Most every day I think of you, my good buddy in Iowa with his health issues and my cousin, in his own battle with the Big C. All 3 of you are younger than me. Though I know that life isn't fair, still I'm reminded most every day.

Let the record show that, no matter how many years Bill is allowed here on Earth, he is making the most of them. He lives a life that is an example for the rest of us. He shows us how to handle whatever life throws us.

I pray that God's will be done. May He bless and keep my friend and his family.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bad news...