IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Crashes from the Old Days
3/14/11, 5:47 PM   #1
Crashes from the Old Days
Wrench Turner

I received a link to this video in my email today from a friend. Not sure if anyone has ever posted this but I thought I'd share. I never had the priviledge of getting to watch the open wheels before roll cages but this gives me a whole new respect for those guys that drove these cars. Man, they had some serious balls and were putting their lives on the line every race. Warning, there are some pretty bad wrecks here and this isn't for the faint of heart. Anyway, enjoy.

3/19/11, 8:49 AM   #2
Re: Crashes from the Old Days
Tim Watson

That is some crazy stuff.

3/19/11, 7:52 PM   #3
backitin

Man, thats some crazy stuff. When they fly from the car it blows my mind, especially since alot of the guys get up and run from the track, Around here its hard to find nonwinged races cause the promotors say it's dangerous, lol. I beleive back in the day before cages bout half of your racing buddies would wind up dead, now thats wanting it bad.

3/20/11, 3:18 PM   #4
Pitstooge

Wow! Those drivers had some serious "testicular fortitude"!!!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Crashes from the Old Days