IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
dirt330 (Offline)
  #21 1/9/11 11:06 AM
I e-mailed eldora speedway with all the great replies posted on iow board. Over 1900 lookers and 19 replies. Hope they read iow on regular basis for all the fans concerns and great ideas. Keep them coming. This blog is going to make racing better for fans, drivers, owners, and pormotors.thanks dirt 330
flyer (Offline)
  #22 1/9/11 2:56 PM
It has been my observation at most dirt tracks that when the dust starts to fly there is usually moisture just below the surface. A system of misters mounted permanantly to the top of the wall or the catch fence may be an option. The track could be watered a little as needed between races and even on yellow or red flags. Just a Wylie Coyote sort of idea....
racefan20 (Offline)
  #23 1/9/11 3:50 PM
Originally Posted by flyer:
It has been my observation at most dirt tracks that when the dust starts to fly there is usually moisture just below the surface. A system of misters mounted permanantly to the top of the wall or the catch fence may be an option. The track could be watered a little as needed between races and even on yellow or red flags. Just a Wylie Coyote sort of idea....
Didnt a track in W Va have something like that?

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
Z-man (Offline)
  #24 1/9/11 4:02 PM
Originally Posted by dirt330:
I e-mailed eldora speedway with all the great replies posted on iow board. Over 1900 lookers and 19 replies. Hope they read iow on regular basis for all the fans concerns and great ideas. Keep them coming. This blog is going to make racing better for fans, drivers, owners, and pormotors.thanks dirt 330
In my experience with moisture a longer lasting deeper adsorption rate is obtained by proximity exposure rather than an over kill soaking method. So, based on this I would suggest that several half barrels of beer be offered to fans (free of charge) the night before and the morning of in the infield prior to the day of the event. I believe a perfect moisture content could be obtained with 6 half barrels being consumed the night before an event.
jim goerge (Offline)
  #25 1/10/11 1:46 AM
Zman So the beer should be filtered though kidneys before applied to track? Sounds like a plan to me
AERO410SCJA (Offline)
  #26 1/10/11 2:22 AM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
Didnt a track in W Va have something like that?
Susky in Pa had sprinkler system.I don't remember if they ever got to use it before it froze and broke during the winter
Need For Speed (Offline)
  #27 1/10/11 11:47 PM
Waynesfield Raceway Park sends out a pickup with a nurse tank in the back between heats, and B mains. The 'mist' spray from the small truck, does a hell of a job keeping the dust down, and makes for 2 & 3 wide racing in the features.
axsom#11
  #28 1/13/11 4:41 PM
Used to love going to eldora to watch racing , just got tried of the dust , can't watch the race can't see anything for the dust. Have not gone there for 2 years , its been so bad. WATER PLEASE and some good dirt . Tony use the water truck and a lot of it please!!! Let me know when you do and I'll come back

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

sprinkler system , would not cost much . run it alone the top of the wall and . have it start out spraying hard and slow it down to finish it off . cost around $5,000.00 or less . Tony ya got it .
dirt330 (Offline)
  #29 1/14/11 9:50 PM
Hope Eldora takes this issue seriously. They need to take some of the great ideas and use them. Get the problem fixed and they will come like the old days.
dirt330 (Offline)
  #30 1/16/11 9:50 AM
Tony is just showing his employees what will happen if they don't fix Eldoras dust problem. They better get it fixed right for the start of 2011 season or else. Round one coming soon. Tony please fix the problem. Everyone knows money is not the problem.