IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Workin Woody
12/23/10, 11:23 PM   #11
Re: Workin Woody
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Eric had some sign work done by a local shop up here in Canada, and whenever the Outlaws came up here he always seemed to be a nice guy, had his daughters with him. Life on the road has to be gruelling, and I am sure he will miss it at the same time as he finds something new.

I found this posted on http://jimmyjeep.50megs.com/, which is a pretty neat racing site that really doesn't have a lot to do with actual racing.

A couple more links
http://jimmyjeep.50megs.com/woody.html
http://www.worknwoody.com/Workn-Woody-Bio

Work'n Woody Bio

Built By: Art Malies

Owned & Operated By from 1978 – 2008: Art & Carol Malies

Chassis: 1957 FC150 Willys Jeep Pick-up

Engine: WESMAR Built 368 c.u. Small Block Chevy

Tires: 10.50x31x15 Goodyear Wrangler Mud Terrain

Wing: 4x5 Stainless Steel, built by Taylor Wings

First Race: 1978 Dixon Speedway, Dixon Fairgrounds, Dixon, CA

1979 – 1987: Traveled Northern California supporting the Northern Auto Racing Club. Work 1982 - 1987 Dirt Cup at Skagit Speedway, Skagit, WA.

1988: First year traveling the World of Outlaws Tour as the “Official Push Truck”.

1988 – Present: Has traveled over one million miles supporting the World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series as the “Official Push Truck & Safety Vehicle”.

Last edited by apexonephoto; 12/23/10 at 11:31 PM.

12/24/10, 10:21 AM   #12
Darlin

So sad to hear this news. As a member of Official Push Trucks in Indiana we have had a great time working with Woody throu the years. Art, Carol and Eric always treated us with respect and always thanked us for our help. Woody will be missed. Thanks again for all the great times.

12/24/10, 10:24 AM   #13
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO! to the WoO!!!!!!!

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
12/24/10, 8:40 PM   #14
USAC Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by short track scott View Post
Eric got parked just like Tony Veneziano the PR guy did.

World Racing Group is shuffling the cards to get another season of life out of it but I'd guess someone else will have the Series in '12.

Maybe they'll merge w USAC
Posted via Mobile Device
The Goodyear money will get the sprint series through to 2015. The Hoosier and drivers money will get the LMS through however long they want to fund it.

A few years ago WRG bought a fleet of the old CART safety trucks and told the teams they were planning on having a full-time safety crew with the series. Obviously that was before the economy took a dive and money dried up everywhere. It's possible if money comes along they could be looking at doing that again. Art and Carol retired because the money wasn't what they were looking for 3 years ago. They were great at what they did but overestimated their value to the series and asked for way too much money. My personal opinion is Eric didn't like the travel and the ******** that went on anyway, so he's not going to lose much sleep over this.

12/25/10, 9:44 AM   #15
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Can I ask whats way to much money for being on the road maintaining three pieces of equiptment. hotels and eats for probably 270 days a year. Not to mention hard work sometimes ten or twelve hours a day. Yes they helped teams change motors in hotel parking lots ect.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
2/23/11, 6:20 PM   #16
terrehautian

Dean Mills posted on Facebook that the Woody is working with the series he is working with now.

2/23/11, 8:32 PM   #17
raceway video

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post
Dean Mills posted on Facebook that the Woody is working with the series he is working with now.
That would be correct
http://www.kingofthewestsprintcarser...nt_Car_Series/

2/23/11, 8:47 PM   #18
Bad Dad 54

Yep saw the Workin Woody was back in California I believe I read. Remember reading about this vehicle in an old issue of Open Wheel.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Workin Woody