IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Where's The rule??
12/21/10, 8:02 PM   #91
Re: Where's The rule??
Sandy Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Texan View Post
I agree that would be how it is scored, but the #1 car wasn't running 4th on the last completed lap.....he was in 1st place.....and the rule says: If a yellow flag is displayed after the leader receives the checkered flag, each car crossing the finish line under yellow
flag conditions will be scored in their position as they were scored on the last officially completed race lap.

To come up with the results being in the order we agree on, we have to kind of put our own spin on the rule and decide that the #1 car has to be scored 4th because that is just the way it should be.....he obviously cant' be scored 1st......even though that is NOT what the rule states.

The first 5 cars to cross the finsih line on lap 20 of the race should have been the cars that transferred to the A. That is just the way it should be, too.
If the race was 10 laps the finish would be as follows (just like Kirk said):
1st place - Car 2 (10 laps)
2nd place - Car 3 (10 laps)
3rd place - Car 4 (10 laps)
4th place - Car 1 (9 laps)
5th place - Car 5 (9 laps)
6th place - Car 6 (9 laps)

The final lap of a race is from the display of the checkered flag to the display of the caution flag. It becomes a completed lap as soon as the caution is waived.

Cars should be scored by the sequence in which the cars completed the scheduled distance. Cars not completing the scheduled distance will be ranked in order by total laps completed and sequence of completion.

12/21/10, 8:22 PM   #92
PAW

The End

12/21/10, 8:39 PM   #93
LEADERS EDGE

I have to admit I am playing somewhat the part of Devils advocate here.

It is somewhat strange thou that the last lap of the race is scored differently than the rest of the race in terms that during the race a lap is only considered complete when all of the cars running complete that lap.

The Green flag doesn't really start the race or a lap after caution, but the Checkard flag is the final word.

Oh well....doesn't matter to me....unless it happens to me.

Where the cars that spun in danger of being run into or where they out of the action?

12/21/10, 9:54 PM   #94
Jonr

Does anyone else find it funny that these threads always end the same? It is like a Tom Cruse movie. They all follow the same formula.

Don will start a thread usually with a valid point or comment (although there have been some real duds) Several people will engage in an intelligent conversation. Instead of engaging in an intelligent conversation, Don starts phase one of his posts which are to: Confuse the issue by arguing a different point, or claim the post is off topic. This usaually will bring in more people to the topic to argue Don's new topic, or to bring the conversation back to the original point. However, since these people do not agree with Don he moves to phase two of his posts wish are to: insult the intelligence of the poster, or claim that the post is a personal attack.

Which of course only brings on real personal attacks. At some point, Don will be told to either a) get off the computer and work on his car or b) Get off the computer and actually take his car to the track. Sometimes he is told both.

At this time, Don will go back 4 pages of posts and count the posts to try to make it sound like the whole world is against him. By this time, it does not matter because the entire issue is beat into the ground and no one cares to play with Don any more. After he has worn everybody out one one of his four strategies, he will post one last post declaring his incredible intelligence and declare that everyone else is too dumb to share the planet with him.

So, Don, am I off topic or is this a personal attack?

5 members like this post: Checker'd Past, Hubie, racefan20, sprinter25
12/21/10, 10:02 PM   #95
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by donmoore10 View Post

80 posts

18 posts recognizing that there is no "rule".

28 posts discussing or defending a phantom rule that doesn't exist

15 posts by don moore explaining to the 28 posts that there is no "rule"

7 posts with insulting remarks
Quote:
Originally Posted by paw View Post
The End
Priceless!

12/21/10, 11:23 PM   #96
OnTheHammer

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 35

DonMoore10 and SuperDuke need to form a team.

Can you imagine the responses to their gripes.

I think the racing would come to an end.
Last edited by OnTheHammer; 12/23/10 at 12:58 AM.

1 member likes this post: mowerman
12/22/10, 2:27 AM   #97
steveb

MHess,,,maybe the scoring button or yellow light button was pushed after the 3rd place car crossed the line. I don't know,,we were all inches apart from each other. All i saw was the checkerd being thrown and next thing i know i saw the yellow light.I thought the yellow was because the race was over. I just knew 4th would of started me 16th instead of 20th. The only reason I questioned it was because it would of been less of a chance getting lapped on that small track.Just saying,,,I could see why Don is getting upset. I know i would be or anyone else in his situation.You see you car cross the line in the last transfer spot with the checkerd being thrown,then get back to the pits and find out your not in the A-main.

4 members like this post: badgerfan, bobO, buck2, mod4s
12/22/10, 3:51 AM   #98
JstAbvVMC

I have just one question, where is Larry-O in this debate?

Let's get Larry-O going on this one and he and Don-O can argue back and forth with each other and the rest of us can get back to our lives.

Merry Christmas Everybody !!

(YES Don-O, Merry Christmas to you and Larry-O too....)

1 member likes this post: Beer Goggles
12/23/10, 9:16 PM   #99
thebus79h

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Clauson View Post
Billy, if a car is 3 laps down in a 20 lap race will the winner then have to run a 23 lap race to his (the lapper) 20 to be declared the winner?

Tim
No, the leader is the one that determines the actual lap count, and if every car doesn't cross the line (which is easy to tell due to scoring) then it goes back to the last lap. Restart the race from there, whether it be 20 to go, 10 to go, or 1 to go.

There isn't a perfect way to do it, but in the sense that the leader gets passed on the last lap, takes second, then gets bumped back to the lead is a terrible rule.
Posted via Mobile Device

12/23/10, 9:42 PM   #100
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus79h View Post
There isn't a perfect way to do it, but in the sense that the leader gets passed on the last lap, takes second, then gets bumped back to the lead is a terrible rule.
Posted via Mobile Device
Under this scenario that couldnt happen, once the leader takes the checkered he is now the winner and thus couldnt be passed because the race is over. What the arguement is about is the cars who have not taken the checkered because the yellow came out after the leader took the checkered but before the whole field took it. The only cars affected are the ones who took the yellow at the line instead of the checkered. Confused yet?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Where's The rule??