IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Where's The rule??
12/21/10, 2:48 PM   #81
Re: Where's The rule??
Kirk Spridgeon

My only question - did they not go yellow in Qualifier #3 when Ferns was spun? Didn't Robinson cross in 5th? How did the ruling go on that one?

Also, what allowed Ferns to start the feature?

12/21/10, 2:53 PM   #82
Haulerin2deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
So Don what you are saying is that you laid down your money without knowing what the rules are? I would say that is your mistake whether it seemed fair or not. Let the buyer beware. Better ask Tony for a rulebook before you head to Ft Wayne so you wont be surprised if something happens you dont agree with. Not trying to take a shot at you, just pointing out that when you lay down your $ you agree to go by the rules that the organization runs under, if you dont know those rules then its your fault. I know this ruling didnt seem fair but rules is rules and you agreed to them when you entered your car.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Don it took me about 3 minutes to find the rule online, as much as you are on here you should have found it long before you started this thread

A. If a race is stopped by a red flag after the Leader and/or other cars have taken the checkered, those taking the checkered prior to the showing of the red flag will be scored according to how they crossed the start-finish line. Cars passing the start-finish line after the showing of the red flag will be scored according to their last scored lap (green). Those involved in the accident will be scored at the rear of the field.

Here is the link: powri.com/ClientFiles/Images/Files/National%20Midget%20Rules.doc

Here is the rule that you cant seem to find in case you missed it earlier don...

12/21/10, 2:55 PM   #83
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

I love how Don INSISTS that the fans were robbed and wronged, but he is the only one doing the ********. I’m pretty sure this wouldn’t have been brought up if he hadn’t been the one to do it.

It’s hard to get a lot of sympathy when you are like the boy that cried wolf. You have a beef in this case, but I think most people don’t care because it’s just ANOTHER of your rants. As I’ve said before on these threads, I fail to see how getting on a message board with this stuff solves anything. It’s been done for years and nothing has changed.

I knew when the thread was started that a pad lock could have been put on it after the original post was made. It was obvious the only thing that would happen is that it would be run into the ground. Mission accomplished. Just cross POWRi off as ANOTHER sanctioning body to boycott and move on. Funny how these things ALWAYS seem to happen to you. I know Don, I'm off topic.
Last edited by openwheelKT; 12/21/10 at 2:59 PM.

2 members like this post: 1956offy, Modocer 57
12/21/10, 2:59 PM   #84
The Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
I was wondering if anyone else would catch that. It's OK for Don to call out Mike for "attacking a fellow racer," but he is allowed to deliver terms such as "some idiot who doesn't know how to drive." Interesting.

Texan - The official finish would be 2,3,4,1,5,6.

As soon as the official scorer triggers the caution, all scoring is stopped. So whoever was the last car to cross the line gets that spot, but everyone after that is scored by the previous lap. Sometimes, that triggering happens a split second before even the flag comes out, only because the scorer hits yellow as soon as the race director calls it, whilst the flagman is hitting the yellow light and then throwing the caution flag.

Again, I would be interested to hear any suggestions Don or anyone else may have to offer a better way to handle the situation...
I agree that would be how it is scored, but the #1 car wasn't running 4th on the last completed lap.....he was in 1st place.....and the rule says: If a yellow flag is displayed after the leader receives the checkered flag, each car crossing the finish line under yellow
flag conditions will be scored in their position as they were scored on the last officially completed race lap.

To come up with the results being in the order we agree on, we have to kind of put our own spin on the rule and decide that the #1 car has to be scored 4th because that is just the way it should be.....he obviously cant' be scored 1st......even though that is NOT what the rule states.

The first 5 cars to cross the finsih line on lap 20 of the race should have been the cars that transferred to the A. That is just the way it should be, too.
Last edited by The Texan; 12/21/10 at 3:01 PM.

3 members like this post: are39, badgerfan, Need For Speed
12/21/10, 3:22 PM   #85
DonMoore10

80 posts

Of those posts:

18 posts recognizing that there is no "rule".

28 posts discussing or defending a phantom rule that doesn't exist

15 posts by Don Moore explaining to the 28 posts that there is no "rule"

7 posts with insulting remarks

Any questions, insults, personality comments.... you can call me direct!!!! 440-355-4407

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! CHEERS!
Last edited by DonMoore10; 12/21/10 at 3:25 PM.

12/21/10, 3:27 PM   #86
Haulerin2deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haulerin2deep View Post
Here is the rule that you cant seem to find in case you missed it earlier don...

How is there no rule????????

See above post #82

Merry Christmas!

12/21/10, 4:45 PM   #87
Hubie

Speaks volumes that neither Mark or Jacob Wilson are on here complaining...............

The classiest thing on that operation that night was behind the wheel :2:

2 members like this post: Checker'd Past
12/21/10, 4:59 PM   #88
48modracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
Modracer: Regarding the midget week incident with the Bush car. Please do your homework before posting wreckless information and comparisons. The USAC rule is very clear about post race inspection and the penalties. The procedure is also covered in the USAC drivers meeting. Thanks.

Here is just one part of the USAC rules:

He may, during or upon completion of an event, take possession of all or selected cars and, under such supervision as
he may prescribe, take any and all such cars to an official area where they shall be kept under supervision and
examined for compliance with the regulations. Any entrant refusing to allow his car to be inspected or to follow the
prescribed post event inspection procedures will be disqualified.
You are right Don. Apples and oranges as far as rules, but I did not see anyone complaining about the USAC call from the orange #2 crew on the internet and that was the point I was trying to make!

12/21/10, 7:42 PM   #89
wolfpack58

Don,the #10 is always a welcome addition at an ARDC show.Hope to see more often this coming season.:99::

12/21/10, 7:52 PM   #90
DonMoore10

Thanks. We may do that considering the latest events.

Don Moore

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Where's The rule??