IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Where's The rule??
12/21/10, 1:40 AM   #61
Re: Where's The rule??
KMS2683

It is all a conspiracy, the 5th place car had a $40,000 engine and there was no way they where going to let a car with a lesser of an engine in the main as that would be a determent to midget racing. No doubt this would have never happened in 1970.

1 member likes this post: Modocer 57
12/21/10, 3:13 AM   #62
Race Poor

Not to get "off topic" here, but I am still wondering why there were 21 cars in the feature and not 20. Can anyone clue me in??

1 member likes this post: mod4s
12/21/10, 3:22 AM   #63
steveb

Don for what it's worth i can see where you're coming from.I was in that race too and crossed the checkerd in 4th. When i went to the line up board to see where i was starting they had me starting 20th witch means i would of had to finish 5th. I went and asked what the deal was and they said they went back to the last lap. I always thought if you cross the line before the yellow was thrown then you get scored in that position and who ever crossed the line after the yellow went back to the previous lap.

1 member likes this post: mod4s
12/21/10, 4:24 AM   #64
USAC Fan

2 things:

1) If this had happened to anyone else, it wouldn't be a problem for Don.

2) I'm sure it's Hoosiers fault.

12/21/10, 5:18 AM   #65
Pitstooge

Too complicated for the fans to understand? Then, I'm guessing here, every NAPCAR fan understands every nuance of the NAPCAR rulebook? Or perhaps the IRL rulebook? Formula 1? USAC?

12/21/10, 10:12 AM   #66
DonMoore10

Steveb's post (that's Steve Buckwalter who was directly in front of us in the qualifying race in question) proves that the yellow was NOT THROWN when our cars crossed the finished line. Unless a video proves otherwise, that's the way it happened according to the drivers involved. But again it doesn't matter because there is no "rule" on record to back this deal up. Steve's been around for a while and apparently it's confusing to him also and as I pointed out, IMO most of the crowd that witnessed it. Unless you had a lawyer's mentality and memorized the POWRi rules, you're not going to know the basis ("the rule" which doesn't exist) for the call. And that brings me back to the fan.

For you people who have given your blessing to this idiot "rule", do you realize that "the rule" wipes out the racing that fans pay to see. For example, you are putting the fate of the race, not in the racing that you see, but the race is actually controlled by some racer or two on another part of the track. yeah.... the spinning racers are controling the action that you came to see and enjoy. Is that what you want when you go to a race track. Some idiot who doesn't know how to drive spinning and determining the fate the racers racing for position. That is what happened Saturday night. So instead of a team that legitimately was racing for the fans enjoyment takes home $50 instead of the several hundred, actually up to $6,000 as a feature event starter. The bottomline is that you fans were denied the pleasure of what you paid for and what you saw which was a very action packed qualifier with 100 times more action than the 50 lap event. The last lap action never officially existed according to the officials and you "saw" 19 laps instead of the 20. Was there a reason to shorten the race to 19 laps. Hardly. The previous race was called back three times to get it finished. Since "the rule" is used by several orgs, so I'm told, how about if every race on the program happens that way. As long as the "rule" exists, you have the potential of being denied 1 to several laps of racing that you came to see. And by the way, do you have a USAC or current org in your pocket when you attend a race. With a rule like this you're going to need to study the contents to understand what's going on. When this rule in used, I hope you are going to boo loudly just like I heard done at the Springfield mile when the races there were finished under a stupid yellow flag. Yes, once again some driver who has nothing to do with the upfront racers racing for position decides what YOU are going to see as a race fan. Are you happy with that? Is that why you come to the race track to see some driver in the back of the pack dismantle the action?
Last edited by DonMoore10; 12/21/10 at 10:24 AM.

12/21/10, 10:17 AM   #67
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Poor View Post
Not to get "off topic" here, but I am still wondering why there were 21 cars in the feature and not 20. Can anyone clue me in??
Please don't kill the messager here but Jim Childers announced the lineup prior to the feature. I don't remember who the drivers was but he stated that the 21st starting position was a provisional. I don't know the rule for provisionals with PowrI but I am sure that Don could fill you in since he has the rule book memorized now.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

12/21/10, 10:18 AM   #68

My honest opinion here, if the incident would have happened to someone very popular on this board, i.e. Clauson. The board would be in an up roar. Because it happened to a controversial member, people want to bicker and turn this into a completely different issue. The guy was told what the rule was. That rule is no where in the book. I think he has a legit complaint here. Powri needs to simply put the in and move on. No group is perfect. I also understand how emotional the run was. Coming from the back to almost qualifying. That's a lot different than starting on the pole and slipping back to barley make it into the field.

5 members like this post: badgerfan, buck2, K-Dawg30, mod4s, Russ
12/21/10, 10:20 AM   #69
DonMoore10

The driver added to the feature was Taylor Ferns. How that person got into the feature, I have no idea ????????????????????. They finished eighth in the qualifier according to the results.

12/21/10, 10:47 AM   #70
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767 View Post
My honest opinion here, if the incident would have happened to someone very popular on this board, i.e. Clauson. The board would be in an up roar. Because it happened to a controversial member, people want to bicker and turn this into a completely different issue.
Agreed! Nothing like running someone into the ground during the week of Christmas. Really warms the heart.

3 members like this post: badgerfan, mod4s, Russ
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Where's The rule??