IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Not a Racing Video, but a Punk gets his due
12/18/10, 12:40 PM   #11
Re: Not a Racing Video, but a Punk gets his d
Deansnuts

Great post.I am not a vet.I wear a hardhat at work and always write THANK YOU VETS on it.People stop me a lot and ask if i am a vet and I tell um nope and They thank me and skake my hand.That punk got what he had commin.Merry Cristmas to all.Dean Buckley...

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

sorry about my spelling ,I got a little excited..Christmas.....Dean....

12/18/10, 1:28 PM   #12
Beer Goggles

Larry O,

I find most everything you post offensive !

5 members like this post: badgerfan, jim goerge, team3521, TQ29m, wright59
12/18/10, 7:02 PM   #13
pavement#23

larry o you find this post offensive???please keep your liberal views of a perfect world to your california self.you only post in the winter months(boredom) shouldnt you be working on your focus car?

2 members like this post: team3521, TQ29m
12/18/10, 8:00 PM   #14
Avon Open Wheel fan

This is from U Tube its the interview with the Vet. As a Vet myself I see nothing wrong with what he done. The interview even though it does just have his take on what happened does open up that this gangster punk has had his share of legal problems and I am glad that this has taken him off the streets hopefully for good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3T6ADotVpM

5 members like this post: Beer Goggles, dirtnonwingfan, interpreter66, jim goerge, TQ29m
12/18/10, 9:42 PM   #15
Scott Daloisio

Larry, you find this offensive? You are kidding, right? Remember the Roller Skating post you put up a few years ago on one of the message boards? Talk about offensive, that one took the award hands down.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, SPRINTCAR, team3521
12/18/10, 10:14 PM   #16
Larryoracing

Well, maybe I was wrong, maybe this is a good post for racing. I will work on trying to understand the significance.

The thing that amazes me is that someone had a camera present to record the event.

I said a lot of things that were probably not good for racing, so I'm trying to be more positive now.

I just feel in the present era of low turn outs at the track and low employment, posts as these are not very beneficial or appreciated by most fans of this board or newcomers. But I could be wrong.

And Scott, you are a person who has a professional role in racing and should make sure all your posts are to that standard.

You don't realize everything you say reflects the PAS. I don't think you realize how important that your posts be positive and are most influential to the sport. You are not Larry Otani and should try to post in a professional manner. Even I have tried to be more positive and try to make sure my posts are professional. Sometimes I slip, but I'm working on it...lol!

Anyways two things come from this post. A lost vet and a lost gang banger. Two things that are prevalent in our society and it's demize.

Maybe we can do something about it. Maybe the post is the positive thing and maybe somehow it's postive for racing?

Sincerely,

and Scott, hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
And for Beer Googles, I will try not to be so offensive...lol

Larry "O"

12/18/10, 10:38 PM   #17
racinround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Daloisio View Post
Larry, you find this offensive? You are kidding, right? Remember the Roller Skating post you put up a few years ago on one of the message boards? Talk about offensive, that one took the award hands down.
Dare I say..I'd LOVE to see Larry's skating post....Lord knows how painfull it is reading some of his posts.

I also think that whole situation could be used as a learning tool and shown in schools to teach kids Don't Act A Fool!!

Larry...What/how/when do you consider a person to be "lost"?? (this should be choice!!)
Last edited by racinround; 12/18/10 at 10:45 PM.

12/18/10, 11:30 PM   #18
Larryoracing

I would love to see the "skating post" also. I don't remember that one. It had me shaking my head to remember something related to skating that I turned into a negative post. Usually my posts about skating are positive...lol! I know there is at least one famous WoO racer who was a roller skater or Hockey Ice Skater?

On Scott, I have noticed a lot of positive posts that I think really help racing and the PAS from Chris Holt. I know Scott knows a lot about racing and has a side interest, his business in 'collectables' that could be turned into something positive about sprint car racing.

Here's Chris' post.

"Dear Pinhead...Sorry, your 100% wrong. Without doubt the Perris Auto Speedway is one of the best dirt tracks in the country, with some very good 410 sprint car racing. I can't tell you what is going on in the midwest but can promise you the racing out here in California is excellent, we have some really great car owners and drivers, we also have the best damn group of sprint car fans in the world, we love every single one of 'em. I seem to only remember 2 races in the last 15 years that were less than excellent and that was due to the weather, I doubt the midwest has a way to control the weather so I'm sure they have the same situation once in a while as well. The PAS has great lighting, one of the best announcers in the country, modern grandstands and concessions a great racing surface and close wheel to wheel action is prety much standard. The Midwest might be something to consider, I'm sure they have some very good racing conditions/tracks/teams as well, I look forward to their yearly visits, and personally have thought about moving to the midwest...but I'm still here and getting ready for an other great year at the PAS. Merry Christmas and hope to see you at the track next year, I think we can change your mind..."

For Racingaround, I felt it sad that a veterean has no job. That America could not find a way to give this man a job, for protecting our country and risking his life. America has missed the boat on this one. That is why I said our veterean was lost. He has no life. Should he have a life? Or should he have to beg for money to go to his mother's funeral?

For the Black Gangbanger and killer. America has lost again in providing a society where people can talk respectfully, not have so much anger inside and to find a way to live a peaceful life instead of one that leads to death and crime. In the long run more and more of these people will be let out onto the streets, because America can no longer afford to keep them in prison. Again this black man is lost too.

Racingaround is probably right. When I was in the 7th grade our teacher posted all the killing, all the blood from dead soldiers during the vietnam war. How could a teacher post all those dead men and blood on the whole back wall of our classroom. He never talked about the war. Probably wasn't allowed to, but he did post all the death in plain veiw and you could not escape it. It was right their in front of your face every day of your life. And amazing I learned that the Vietnam War was a bad thing and should be stopped. 5 years later America stood up against our president and brought those boys back home in shame. Nobody gave those vets even one once of credit. They shamed our country. Figure that one out. Why so many died for nothing.

Many years now those vets are considered heros. They fight everyday of their life for mere existance. This video displays one of the many thousands that have no home, no jobs and have to live with the deaths of so many during the Vietnam War.

Our teachers should let the video run continuous at the back of the school room on a Computer Screen. You wouldn't have to say a word and the students would learn about our Vietnam Vets, Black lost souls and America, the country we live in. Slowly our students would learn what America is really about.

Sincerely,

Larry Otani and God Bless you all!
Last edited by Larryoracing; 12/18/10 at 11:37 PM.

12/18/10, 11:31 PM   #19
KOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryoracing View Post
Dear Scott,

I don't see the value of this youtube video and I think it should be removed. I consider it offensive.

The bad things about these kids is now some have guns and will shoot you. And sometimes they will go back and get their gangs to solve a problem.

You are a outstanding member of the racing community and should set a high standard on what you post. As for me I'm on the bottom of the pyramid and will try to post things that are productive to racing and not offensive.

Sincerely,

Larry Otani

P.S. Hope you have Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Sheesh Larry, take your dress off will ya? Scott NEVER said it was a post tied to racing.

12/19/10, 12:01 AM   #20
Scott Daloisio

Quote:
I don't see the value of this youtube video and I think it should be removed. I consider it offensive.

Quote:
Our teachers should let the video run continuous at the back of the school room on a Computer Screen. You wouldn't have to say a word and the students would learn about our Vietnam Vets, Black lost souls and America, the country we live in. Slowly our students would learn what America is really about.
Larry, in your first post regarding this you said you don't see the value in the video, it should be removed and you consider offensive. Now, you believe teachers should run it continuosly in the school room!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Not a Racing Video, but a Punk gets his due