Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Move to Indiana
12/6/10, 5:22 PM   #61
Re: Move to Indiana
Dalton Dietrich

Race Count This Year: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR View Post
I know alot of people who work hard with just the use of their hands and brain. They are as happy as the next guy. Come to Indiana and follow the corn.
Thats the plan!

12/6/10, 6:04 PM   #62
wildthing1h

I too agree with your buddy about UNOH i'm graduated there in 06. Landed decent job. And can also support my racing hobby as well. I wish you the best of luck. While i was in school i came back to indiana no weekends to race plus some instructors allowed me to miss class to race.
Posted via Mobile Device

12/6/10, 6:13 PM   #63
Dalton Dietrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthing1h View Post
I too agree with your buddy about UNOH i'm graduated there in 06. Landed decent job. And can also support my racing hobby as well.
Posted via Mobile Device
What "racing"? Like class of cars?

12/6/10, 9:27 PM   #64
wildthing1h

I've worked with several sprint teams and modified teams. I was into the drag racing competitive but crashed my car so went to the dirt and love it sad to see the team i was helping throw it all away.
Posted via Mobile Device

12/6/10, 9:29 PM   #65
Dalton Dietrich

That sucks. On a side not unrelated to racing....how is the hunting?

12/7/10, 12:04 AM   #66
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Hello dalton! Heres a website with racing photos and hunting photos. hope this helps

http://www.davespitpassphotos.com/
Last edited by #1Brad Kuhn Fan; 12/7/10 at 12:05 AM.

12/7/10, 7:27 AM   #67
Larryoracing

Dear Dalton Dietrich,

I think you are going to have fun in Indiana, in many ways we are alike.
For ten years after I graduated High School I just worked. I personally wanted to get out there and be with real people and understand how the real world worked, but advancement and a better career and making more money was not coming to me.

So, that is why I went back to school. I was digging ditches for a electrical contractor outside one of the most beautiful campuses situated inside the redwood forests in Santa Cruz, California. I was having fun pulling wire, wiring up theatres for lighting and sound. Great consoles, sidewalk lighting, thermal controls in the dormitories, but I knew I needed an education to get me a better job or at least a chance. My destiny was up to me. And for me, an education was the ticket. That ticket got me anything I wanted. For many, many other people they make more money than me and have no education and are smarter than me and they have a lot more toys and go racing at any level, I cannot even dream. I would think their key was that they had a passion for what they wanted to do and that they wanted to be rich. I did not. I just wanted to be educated. There is a difference there. I don't want to be rich, just have enough money to do what I want. I am doing that, now! I am very happy and content.

I'm willing to bet someday you will go back and get some kind of education. In the mean time, I know you will have fun. How much money you will make, I don't know and I think you are not going to make much. So, if you want to be poor all your life, an education is not needed. I think for you, you will eventually need it to get where you want. That's just a guess.

2 years go by fast. Two years ago I started my MBA program. I am 55 years old. I have one class to finish my MBA. And I'm excited as all heck. Anybody can get an MBA. They are a dime a dozen, but it will be a ticket to anything I want in the future. I know when I walk in the door, I have a BS. I have an MBA. I have 25 years building satellites and I have a resume in racing that people will take notice too.

But most importantly I will go into any establishment with "my game face on", "on time" and ready to work and ready to give it my all, 100% of the time. These are the qualities that HENDRICKS MOTORSPORTS, looks for in any young racer or worker wanting to join his company.

From there, from liteally thousands of applicants, he will decide who gets the job and who does not. You always try to stack the deck in your favor and given the chance you never look back, but forward.

I have thought about it millions of times to follow my dream, but I have decided to do something that I'm not good at and try to do something that helps others and this country. It has worked for me and I'm very happy and content, and I will probably race a sprint car in the future more times than I really wish...lol!

Larry "O"
Last edited by Larryoracing; 12/7/10 at 7:30 AM.

12/7/10, 11:51 PM   #68
Dalton Dietrich

I understand.

12/8/10, 8:06 AM   #69
Larryoracing

Have fun Dalton. Keep us posted.

I like this photo...lol!

And Happy New Year. I know for myself, 2011 is going to be the best year of my life...finally...lol!

Larry "O"
Attached Images
Russ_Nickells.jpg (66.1 KB, 90 views)

12/8/10, 8:23 AM   #70
Dalton Dietrich

Will do....

the picture, its cool, but I cant say I appreciate its "glory". I wasnt around back then.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Move to Indiana