IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint Car Drivers, special offer @ Kokomo
8/31/10, 4:33 PM   #31
Re: Sprint Car Drivers, special offer @ Kokom
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Willy View Post
Why any fan would get on here and bash the speedway for this is beyond me. The promoters are actually trying to enhance their program. The only people I see with a legit ***** would be the drivers that have faithfully supported the track all year and get nothing. I probably would have made the promotion inclusive to all teams (whether or not they have run at Kokomo this season so not) to not send the wrong message to the teams that have raced with them all year - but it's not my track...
Look where the 2 "bashers" live, one in Vincennes and one in Evansville. if you hadnt noticed there has been a long running pizzin contest between those that think Kokomo is the best track and those that think TSS is. Stupid arguement really. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just dont understand why a fan of one track has to go on a thread about another and complain. As far as I have seen so far NO ONE has gone over to the TSS thread about this weekend and bithched about anything there. Get a life people.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3 members like this post: jim goerge, K9Racer, PIT CART
8/31/10, 4:50 PM   #32
Vukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
If you live 2 hours away from any of the local tracks, and haven't been to them, you obviously are not much of a race fan. By the way we all have jobs and bills, including the tracks.
Al called them the whine and beer crowd. :2:

8/31/10, 6:12 PM   #33
Pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Look where the 2 "bashers" live, one in Vincennes and one in Evansville. if you hadnt noticed there has been a long running pizzin contest between those that think Kokomo is the best track and those that think TSS is. Stupid arguement really. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just dont understand why a fan of one track has to go on a thread about another and complain. As far as I have seen so far NO ONE has gone over to the TSS thread about this weekend and bithched about anything there. Get a life people.
I tried to read page two on the TSS thread, I couldn't....they were stuck together...BaDaBing.......:2:
Last edited by Pine; 8/31/10 at 6:56 PM.

1 member likes this post: Derek Fisher
8/31/10, 6:29 PM   #34
D.O.

What a great idea, Way to go Kokomo & The O'Conner family.

Don't get pizzed Jerry but I remember Spencer pizzin in the wind about havin to rent or buy a transponder at first. Now the track is giving everybody a break so that isn't the one thing to keep them away.

I don't think their beggin for cars just giving racers that haven't made the trip a better reason to make the trip.
Sure 20 cars suck if you just look at the number but look at the quality of cars that make up that number, pretty strong runners.

There will always be a "who's track is the best" around here but look at old Kokomo[I still miss it] compared to todays track and the addition of transponders. O'Conners built a hell of a track with their own money. It's not like they live next door or anywhere near Kokomo too.

So zip up your zippers and turn away from the wind and go to Kokomo to enjoy a great night of racing cause the end of the season is just around the corner.

1 member likes this post: Derek Fisher
8/31/10, 6:34 PM   #35
Crankin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Willy View Post
The only people I see with a legit ***** would be the drivers that have faithfully supported the track all year and get nothing. I probably would have made the promotion inclusive to all teams (whether or not they have run at Kokomo this season so not) to not send the wrong message to the teams that have raced with them all year - but it's not my track...
They are also doing something for the drivers that have raced there as it clearly states:

Quote:
In addition all transponder rental fee's will be waived for ALL driver's as well.

9/1/10, 3:51 AM   #36
Pitstooge

Kitchen pass in hand, no work on Monday. HEY! I actually get to go!! I haven't been to Kokomo in too many years to count. Can't wait to see the "new" track! Might even get dirty working on a couple of cars!

Thank you to the O'Connors for all they do. I know one of the cars I work on has been to Kokomo a few times this year and has nothing but good things to say about the track and all the staff.

Already anxious...... :2:

9/1/10, 5:23 AM   #37
aceace

I would think that trying to get more racers in the pits is doing something for the fans. 30 cars can put on a better show than 18-20 (most of the time).

9/1/10, 8:44 AM   #38
cmiracingvids

People PLEASE!! I'm NOT ******** about Kokomo. I was just teasin saying free admission for fans would get me to go. Goodness. I wasn't bashing Kokomo or the promoters at all. You guys need to read my other posts. I love dirt sprint car racing. And love the great state of Indiana for having so many options to see. Nobody said much about lawrenceburg when they had their FREE admission show that one Sunday. I thought that was EXCELLENT.
One thing about this Saturday though...3 great tracks having high paying shows. The only problem for a fan...choosing which one to go to!! Now there's a problem very few people have. And for that I am vert grateful!!
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/1/10, 12:36 PM   #39
Big Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
They are also doing something for the drivers that have raced there as it clearly states:

I did see that but assumed that most any driver that raced there all season probably already owns a transponder vs renting one all year however that may not be the case. Sorry!

9/1/10, 1:15 PM   #40
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiracingvids View Post
People PLEASE!! I'm NOT ******** about Kokomo. I was just teasin saying free admission for fans would get me to go. Goodness. I wasn't bashing Kokomo or the promoters at all. You guys need to read my other posts. I love dirt sprint car racing. And love the great state of Indiana for having so many options to see. Nobody said much about lawrenceburg when they had their FREE admission show that one Sunday. I thought that was EXCELLENT.
One thing about this Saturday though...3 great tracks having high paying shows. The only problem for a fan...choosing which one to go to!! Now there's a problem very few people have. And for that I am vert grateful!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Just a reminder, Lburg was not a free show for all. A whole lot of people paid to get in for what was a rained out show. Then it was free for those who did not pay.

1 member likes this post: kawkaw2
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint Car Drivers, special offer @ Kokomo