IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint Car Drivers, special offer @ Kokomo
8/31/10, 12:22 PM   #21
Re: Sprint Car Drivers, special offer @ Kokom
Hotlapn74

Thank you Mud Packer. I've been checking in for months now, but hadn't anything to say till' now.

8/31/10, 12:37 PM   #22
crp26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiracingvids View Post
chris, it is good promoting...unfortunately it benefits only the racer. Fireworks is cool, but I've never been to Kokomo...maybe free admission for a fan would convince me to make the 2 hour drive.
Posted via Mobile Device
How about you working all week for free.So what if they are cutting the racers a little slack it is about time the owners and drivers get a little break.Thank the O'Conners for what all they have done to the speedway and making it what i consider the best weekly track in the area.
Chuck

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, K9Racer, mowerman
8/31/10, 1:20 PM   #23
Mudclodbob

MudclodBob says, you guys are very fortunate to have two great tracks 25 miles apart. We Michiganders love traveling 3 hours to Indiana tracks.

1 member likes this post: miwingless
8/31/10, 2:13 PM   #24
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlapn74 View Post
Thank you Mud Packer. I've been checking in for months now, but hadn't anything to say till' now.
That hasn't stopped anyone so far.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

8/31/10, 2:25 PM   #25
illinisprintfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
That hasn't stopped anyone so far.
Bazinga!!! Seriously though, anything that gets more cars to the track is going to benefit the fans. It is a good idea to try to lure some cars that might be more willing to take a shot at it when the normal heavy hitters are gone. Give the promoters credit for at least trying something. As for Rpracing1, I'll take mine medium rare, any chance of getting some mushrooms? :2:

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
8/31/10, 2:31 PM   #26
Mudclodbob

Another good reason for racers and fans to show ? It's the Vince Osman race.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/31/10, 2:38 PM   #27
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinisprintfan View Post
Bazinga!!! Seriously though, anything that gets more cars to the track is going to benefit the fans. It is a good idea to try to lure some cars that might be more willing to take a shot at it when the normal heavy hitters are gone. Give the promoters credit for at least trying something. As for Rpracing1, I'll take mine medium rare, any chance of getting some mushrooms? :2:
Joe,

As you can tell, I was just kidding with my post. It seems like no matter what the offer, someone isn't happy and expects more. I also commend the Kokomo Speedway and the O'Connors for thinking outside of the box. It would be great if they could get some cars that don't normally run there to see what a great track it really is. Kokomo is the best weekly track week in and week out. I hope they draw a bunch of cars and fill the grandstands.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

2 members like this post: mowerman, PIT CART
8/31/10, 2:48 PM   #28
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

I agree with the positive posts. So what if they appear to be begging, to me they are inviting someone who hasn't raced there, the chance to feel welcome and to make the show.

Doing stuff for fans would be streaming the races like they have been doing. As a real racefan, geography is the only thing that keeps me at home. I know nothing beats the sight, sound and smell of the racetrack.

I commend them for making the most of a night with a less then normal car count.

8/31/10, 3:35 PM   #29
Big Willy

Why any fan would get on here and bash the speedway for this is beyond me. The promoters are actually trying to enhance their program. The only people I see with a legit ***** would be the drivers that have faithfully supported the track all year and get nothing. I probably would have made the promotion inclusive to all teams (whether or not they have run at Kokomo this season so not) to not send the wrong message to the teams that have raced with them all year - but it's not my track...

8/31/10, 3:36 PM   #30
Rpracing1

illinisprintfan, Gotcha on the med. rare...........Sorry no schrooms!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint Car Drivers, special offer @ Kokomo