IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Anderson Next For UMRA
8/2/10, 8:34 PM   #1
Anderson Next For UMRA
A1Sprint

Anderson Next For UMRA
By Alex Wollf

The 50th anniversary season of the Dutch Mill UMRA TQ Midgets continues this Saturday night on the high banks of the Anderson Speedway. Fourteen-time series champion Terry Goff comes into the fifteenth race of 2010 on a hot streak as he has won the last three races at Mount Lawn, Brownstown, and Montpelier. The win at Montpelier was the 115th of his career and placed him in a tie with Rick Meyer for second on the all-time win list. He will look to take sole possession of second on the list at a track that he has been dominant at recently. Terry will face some stiff competition from a hungry pack of drivers that includes his son Jason, who has two wins on the season.
There will be two contingency awards that the drivers will be going after this Saturday. The “Tony Stewart Rookie Challenge” will award $50 to the highest finishing rookie. The G&G Oil “Hard Charger of the Race” will award five gallons of fuel to the driver who advances the most positions in the feature event. The young fans will want to get their parents to bring them out to the track as one lucky fan will win a brand new kids bike.
Gates open at four on Saturday, practice is at five, qualifying is at 6:30, and racing is scheduled to begin at eight.

Top Ten in UMRA Points (After Fourteen Races)
1. Terry Goff 2044 6. Brandon Gray 1433
2. Ron Combs 1767 7. Doug Roland 1410
3. Jason Goff 1716 8. Scotty Orme (r) 1184
4. Robbie Roland 1555 9. Jon Steed (r) 1171
5. Michael Koontz 1455 10. Ron Hamm 1150

8/4/10, 4:07 PM   #2
Re: Anderson Next For UMRA
Race Fan

Should be some great racing at one of the best tracks in Indiana.

8/4/10, 4:59 PM   #3
Race Poor

Great racing I am sure, but one of the best tracks in Indiana is a stretch. If they would put some money in maintenance then they would help their case, but right now it is going down hill fast. I sometimes wonder how they are insured with the condition of the bleachers. Pretty scary.

8/5/10, 9:07 AM   #4
Race Fan

I will have to give you that one.The bleachers are in very bad shape.If they would just take one or two sections each year and replace the boards it would be great,but this should have been started a few years ago.As far as the track I still think it is awesome

1 member likes this post: Race Poor
8/5/10, 4:00 PM   #5
racerdog45

the bleachers are beyond scary. went to little 500 this year with friends and took a couple of people who had never went before along with their 13yr old daughter who loves racing but is afraid of heights.... we sat in row 25 of the tall JJ stands in turn 4...... she squeezed my arm so hard during the anthem and stuff I lost feeling in my hand....lol. Is still a really good RACETRACK, sad that they don't have the money to keep the place up better but one look at the empty fields across the road where the GM plants were tells the story.....

8/5/10, 10:08 PM   #6

poor managment. Hate to say it, but there are far to many Anderson drivers running outside of Anderson these days. if UMRA brings in 20 cars it will be more than any weekly division has had this year. No quite that bad, but they have had 40 car nights running 3 classes.

8/7/10, 10:40 AM   #7
racerdog45

I think Mt. Lawn running the same night has hurt them also. With gas as high as it is people pick the shorter tow. I look for Anderson to go to special events only if the economy in the area doesn't pick up. Will still be a good night of racing tonight, UMRA plus support divisions. Even have Legends and thunder roadsters.

8/7/10, 2:11 PM   #8
Race Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerdog45 View Post
I think Mt. Lawn running the same night has hurt them also. With gas as high as it is people pick the shorter tow. I look for Anderson to go to special events only if the economy in the area doesn't pick up. Will still be a good night of racing tonight, UMRA plus support divisions. Even have Legends and thunder roadsters.
I hope it does not come to that!!!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Anderson Next For UMRA