IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl on HBO
11/21/07, 2:04 AM   #21
Re: Chili Bowl on HBO
Eagle14

Man I want to bad man!! I've never been..... seems to be the thing and my classes dont start till that monday... so hm.....

11/21/07, 5:36 AM   #22
Mearsin84

About to make my first trip this year, anyone ever sit between 3 &4? Got tickets in EE and wondering how they are, they are also pretty high, 33 rows up, too far from the action?? Also, what is the beer situation, doubt you can bring it in right?

11/21/07, 6:46 AM   #23
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle14 View Post
LOL Jones you going? I wanna, got any ideas? Should we camp?
TRENT,
LLOYD & THE SHORTBUS WILL BE THINKING ABOUT YOU :Steer:Steer
DRINKING ALL THAT BEER & WATCHING THE GIRLS FROM HOOTERS & CLOUD 9

11/21/07, 7:07 AM   #24
dirtywhiteboy

I emailed Dish Network about this and they knew nothing about this event being on PPV. I hope it is simply because they aren't race fans in their customer service department and it will be available to DIsh customers.

Don, who's driving for you in Ft. Wayne? I'll see you there.

11/21/07, 7:49 AM   #25
ThrottleHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearsin84 View Post
About to make my first trip this year, anyone ever sit between 3 &4? Got tickets in EE and wondering how they are, they are also pretty high, 33 rows up, too far from the action?? Also, what is the beer situation, doubt you can bring it in right?
When I have went in the past our seats were right in there... I think like rows 26 or 27. You're in great shape! I wish I had the vacation time this year :crying:

11/21/07, 8:48 AM   #26
staggerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
This is great that a midget race is going to be on HBO. On the other hand, don't look for the promoters to add anything to the already worst paying purse in the history of auto racing based on the income and size of the event. Promoters win again and racers lose.
Don - I am one of the few who agree totally with you. Just like the Short Track Nationals in Little Rock another event where the competitors get shafted while the promoter fills their pockets. The fans on here have never had to pay the fuel bill on a rig, buy the tires, etc and then get hardly anything from the promoter. No one in racing expects to make a profit but to at least cover some of your expenses would be nice.

11/21/07, 8:58 AM   #27
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearsin84 View Post
sit in ff 21 rows up great seats, you look straight ahead to see everyth
ing .cant bring beer in , bring beer with you ,beer out there is 3.2 it sucks .we fly in our friend from kansas city brings us real beer

11/21/07, 9:13 AM   #28
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I gotta say something here on the Lanny bashing.

How many other tracks are built for entirely one purpose? Take away from any other buisness that they may conduct there? Im sure he could have some rock concerts or something in that place he could make more $$ from in that months time to build and remove it.

Would you rather it not happen?

I for one am EXTREMELY glad for a break in the dullness that is winter time motorsports with real cars on real dirt doing real slidejobs instead of huggy pole concrete indoor racing that lets face it. is more exciting with go karts than midgets or sprints. I hope another couple facilities could put together a dirt indoor track for Jan-Feb racing and even a sprint race or two.

Im begining to think if 20th place at any race paid 10 grand there'd still be complainers.

Is it expensive? YES, Do you make a return on your investment? NEVER.

Is it fun and competitive? If not, don't go.

Stepping off my box and again stating it's not my money but it seems more than worth it to about 200, more than any other event held for one class including bellville

11/21/07, 9:59 AM   #29
DonMoore10

BTW, I did wet my panties the first time I heard how little the promoters pay. :thumbsdown::crying:

11/21/07, 10:09 AM   #30
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I gotta say something here on the Lanny bashing.

How many other tracks are built for entirely one purpose? Take away from any other buisness that they may conduct there? Im sure he could have some rock concerts or something in that place he could make more $$ from in that months time to build and remove it.

Would you rather it not happen?

I for one am EXTREMELY glad for a break in the dullness that is winter time motorsports with real cars on real dirt doing real slidejobs instead of huggy pole concrete indoor racing that lets face it. is more exciting with go karts than midgets or sprints. I hope another couple facilities could put together a dirt indoor track for Jan-Feb racing and even a sprint race or two.

Im begining to think if 20th place at any race paid 10 grand there'd still be complainers.

Is it expensive? YES, Do you make a return on your investment? NEVER.

Is it fun and competitive? If not, don't go.

Stepping off my box and again stating it's not my money but it seems more than worth it to about 200, more than any other event held for one class including bellville
Ft. Wayne is a great event and provides a damn good race. Yeah Tony is hard if not impossible to beat in the Munchkin car. Even after last years screwed up mess it still is worth the 9 hour drive one way to get there.

Quote:
Is it fun and competitive? If not, don't go
Maybe that is something you shoudl practice, if you don't like Ft. Wayne don't go. I think that is what Don said, he doesn't like the way the Chili Bowl is run and he would only go as a fan, and I can't blame him. I hated the way Jacksonville Raceway was run and only made two shows in 06 because of it. Haven't been back since even thought it is under new management and name. But I am not on here ******** about it.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl on HBO