IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hud Cone...***?
7/18/10, 4:10 PM   #21
Re: Hud Cone...***?
jim goerge

The bumping between Hud and Thomas was just hard racing till turn 3 and like racefan20 said was no way hud was going to make that turn at that angle

7/18/10, 6:28 PM   #22
racephoto1

Hud will admit he screwed up, that's Hud, he did it last night.

Next he should call Danny Williams and thank him for building a really safe car, it saved his a$$ that's for sure.

7/18/10, 6:44 PM   #23
ClaytonYeley

If you don't have respect for Hud because of last night you NEED to get to more sprint car races. One of the nicest guys you will meet in this sport. It looked to me that he went over kt's LF wheel. If he was just trying to take him out don't you think he would have nailed him in the rear? Yeah, I think he expected contact. If kt didn't cut low at the last second it would have been a redo of Brad and Brad @ little DuQuion. imo, its time for someone to go back to alabama.

There are people I don't care for as drivers but I would never want to see someone get hurt. After seeing Biro @ Paducah a few years back my heart sinks every time I see a bad wreck like that.

2 members like this post: billwill7, skids59
7/18/10, 6:48 PM   #24
Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by otispoole View Post
Hud got hit hard in turn one by KT, not a bump, just returned the favor in turn 3....he rolled the dice and lost, could have just as easily went the other way, knocking KT out of the way and getting the transfer. KT should understand now when you hit Hud, expect him to return the favor, even if it means hanging his own stuff in the fence.
Are you saying that as a positive? Racing is dangerous enough as it is, and expensive enough. I wasn't there so I can't pass judgement but there are surely better ways to settle it than this.

7/18/10, 6:58 PM   #25
LEADERS EDGE

Who is Hud suppossed to issue a public apology to.....His body and his race car? Those are what paid the price.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Joey Woods
7/18/10, 7:11 PM   #26
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

What about the totally innocent bystander in all this. Matt Mitchell in the #37 pulls all the way from California for ISW and gets his car trashed because of this. He started ISW being wrecked at Lawrenceburg because of someone else's move and then ends ISW like this.

8 members like this post: 1BIGracefan, 64chevy, Dirtfan, JEFFSTOY, racefan20, ronmil, Steve Wendel
7/18/10, 7:24 PM   #27
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE View Post
Who is Hud suppossed to issue a public apology to.....His body and his race car? Those are what paid the price.
I thought that was pretty funny too. What happened is between the drivers on the track, no one sitting in the stands or sitting at home on a computer is owed any explanation.

2 members like this post: Joey Woods, racefan20
7/18/10, 8:15 PM   #28
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE View Post

The 5000 people who witnessed the bone head move of the year...Thats who.

7/18/10, 8:32 PM   #29
sprinterfan

Anyone who thinks it was all Huds fault are a bunch of idiots...... These days as tough as the competition is, you gotta go. The second you let someone bully you, your in the back. KT drove right into the side of Hud,, for the transfer position,, on the last lap.... UUUUMMMMM hello!!! To any competitor, that guy is GONE the next turn. I dont blame Hud one second. Yeah, it sucks he missed, cuz Hud deserved to be in the show. But it all started with KT's body slam in turn one. PERIOD.
Last edited by sprinterfan; 7/18/10 at 8:33 PM.

3 members like this post: billwill7, skids59
7/18/10, 9:06 PM   #30
ktsr

Well i am reading all this great stuff on here today and as entertaining as it is, I am going to have to set a few things straight.

First, I hope Hud is ok. I never want to get hurt or see anybody else get hurt. I don't have any hard feelings against Hud, actually just the opposite. Hud is a great driver and is very aggressive. That is not a fault in this sport, it's what helps you get some wins. I have always respected him and still do. Adrenanline can take over out on the track sometimes and we all do things that if we could do them again, we might do it different.

Second, Hud and I had been battling for the last 3 or 4 laps hard, we were actually leaning on each other hard and touched several times on the backstretch, I went high and he went low and slid me, and I crossed under him going down the front stretch, I had about a half of a car past him, we went into turn one side by side for the transfer spot, we both went in hard, and we never touched, his car pushed, but as far as me slamming into him that didn't happen. Not one scratch on my right side, not on my tires or anything. A driver can feel when he slams someone.

Third, Mr. ClaytonYeley, you should take your own advice and come talk to me sometime. I have never disrespected anyone or said a cross word either. I have respect for every driver in those pits, cause I know more than anyone how hard it is to get there. I don't try to intentionally tear up my car or anyone else's. I am going to race hard every time I strap in my car. Hope that's not being disrespectful to anyone. And by the way I am in Alabama today, but i'm coming back every week. Thanks for telling me where home is.

Fourth, Hud and I are the only two people who know what happened, that's it. Everyone else is just making a good guess, or not so good it seems. I expect Hud to race me hard every night, that's Hud. No shame in that. As for me, I am going to do the same.

Hud, if you happen to read this, don't let these folks get you down, we are all good as far as i'm concerned. Crap happens and we move on.

Kevin Thomas, Jr.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hud Cone...***?