IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > good enough to be a midget driver someday?
7/15/10, 6:59 PM   #1
good enough to be a midget driver someday?
HardyBoysRacing

Race Count Last Year: 10

Hey everyone. Im Greg from Decatur, Illinois. I'm 21 years old and i've been around dirt track racing all of my life. I raced quarter midgets when i was 11, but since then have only driven my dad's nostalgia sprintcar and silver crown car. We took our sprintcar to a local track at the beginning of this year and i was able to take the car around the track at a much higher speed than i would with the nostalgia guys. Here's the thing...i feel absolutely comfortable in a racecar of any type, even though i haven't raced in years. Whether it be nostalgia or not, the feeling of putting around the track leaves me wanting much much more.It's in my blood. I want to learn how to race...even if it means starting out in a much sllower car i want to learn to drive like all the big guns. I have a son who is nearly 2 years old and now that i am a father i feel like the opportunity for me to learn to drive is getting smaller and smaller. My dream is to someday race my dads silver crown car he just bought...ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO GET MY FEET WET AND GET GOIN?!!-thanks greg

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > good enough to be a midget driver someday?