IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racer-x (Offline)
  #1 5/31/10 8:40 PM
I am a little confused with how Miss Danica finished in the 500..On the live coverage they had her down for 5th and she agreed when they interviewed her live on tv. Also Robin Miller said she finished 5th even though she didnt pass a car all day..I looked in the results in several places today and it said she finished 6th?
She lost a position and the mainstream isnt asking why?
sprintcar64 (Offline)
  #2 5/31/10 8:51 PM
When the yellow came out Marco Andretti was running third and the field was froze. He ran out of fuel and could not keep up on the last lap so they initally scored him as 6th because thats how he crossed the line, but Indy Car gave him 3rd back since he did finish the race.
USAC Fan
  #3 5/31/10 9:21 PM
Originally Posted by sprintcar64:
When the yellow came out Marco Andretti was running third and the field was froze. He ran out of fuel and could not keep up on the last lap so they initally scored him as 6th because thats how he crossed the line, but Indy Car gave him 3rd back since he did finish the race.
I don't know how you came up with that explanation at all and if he did he would have been scored where he crossed trhe line.. The data showed Andretti kept up with the pace car but was passed after the yellow, in the confusion of the wreck. He did cross the line in 6th but was in third when the yellow came out and where he should have been
PittDude (Offline)
  #4 5/31/10 9:31 PM
He was 3rd when the caution came out. Under a yellow you can NOT pass a car unless in the pits. He crossed the line under is own power so he still finishes 3rd
Posted via Mobile Device
Wingman (Offline)
  #5 6/1/10 5:18 PM
Is it just me or has Marco become a "whiner" in the last couple of years?
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #6 6/1/10 5:47 PM
Originally Posted by Wingman:
If you hung around with Mario, Michael & Danica, you would be a whiner too.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
racerdog45
  #7 6/1/10 5:50 PM
nahhhhhhhhhhhh, he's been an ANDRETTI his whole life!!!!!!!
VaDirt (Offline)
  #8 6/2/10 12:15 PM
It's not just you....