IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Sprint39 (Offline)
  #1 5/17/10 9:17 AM
I hadnt been to LPS in two years. I used to be a low and I mean low budget sprint car racer. I always ran at LPS or Paragon. The last time I ran was at LPS was when Allison owned the track. The track was a s*** hole. I couldnt beleive it what I saw when I pulled into the track. The place almost looked like what it did when I was watching USAC there in high school. Its amazing what happens when you have a promoter that cares about both the racer and the fans on the hill. For the amount of rain we received on race day and the week prior the track was fantastic and fast. They had a pretty full field of cars which suprised me because of the weather. They did get started late which is to be expected. But for them to start hot laps at 8:00pm and for the sprint car feature to finish up around 11pm is great. The track crew moved like they had a purpose. After seeing the race track saturday night makes me want to get back into racing really really bad. To Mr. Spiker your doing a great job and keep it up.
kasey2020 (Offline)
  #2 5/17/10 9:34 AM
Couldn't agree more! I couldn't help but think how much the track was starting to remind me of the good ol' days when the Farrar's had it. Always a good track and a great facility! It's getting back to those days and I think Mr. Spiker will be rewarded for all of his hard work with good car counts and lots of butts in the stands! Keep up the great work and thank you for bringing a great facility back to life!