IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weekly mini sprint races?
5/14/10, 7:12 AM   #1
Weekly mini sprint races?
Quantrill

Are there any tracks in the Indiana area that have mini sprints on their weekly line ups?

5/15/10, 12:21 AM   #2
Re: Weekly mini sprint races?
duggerdirt44

Bakersfield Raceway Park on the east side of Linton Indiana has I think 5 different classes of minis every Friday night.1/5 mile dirt oval on highway54.
Bakersfieldraceway.com Hope this helps.

5/15/10, 12:30 AM   #3
slide22

Quote:
Originally Posted by duggerdirt44 View Post
Bakersfield Raceway Park on the east side of Linton Indiana has I think 5 different classes of minis every Friday night.1/5 mile dirt oval on highway54.
Bakersfieldraceway.com Hope this helps.
Waynesfield Raceway Park in Waynesfield, Ohio (close to Eldora,) runs weekly 1000's.

5/15/10, 10:41 AM   #4
cmiracingvids

Bakersfield in Linton runs the micro (sidewinder) sprints, and non wing upright 600's. The only other track in Indiana that runs weekly is Thunder Valley Speedway in Salem, IN. They run weekly winged 600 uprights.

www.thundervalleyracing.net

5/15/10, 10:51 AM   #5
racerdog45

Miami County Speedway (or is it Raceway, I forget) in Peru runs weekly with several different classes

5/15/10, 2:09 PM   #6
stomper8

anyone run outlaw 1000's we have a gsxr1000 with a 1070kit and are looking for somewhere to race every weekend.We'll race with any one who will let us.
Nick

5/15/10, 2:17 PM   #7
racer58

Logansport also races weekly mini sprints on sat. Peru is also sat.
Bakersfield/Linton is ran on Fridays. Check with Bakersfield about the 1000cc class. I cant remember if the run 1000's there or not.

5/15/10, 2:23 PM   #8
stomper8

they will if any show up. just dont want to travel somewhere and nobody to race with.seat time is nice though

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

they will if any show up. just sucks to travel somewhere and nobody to race with.Thinkin real serious bout purchasing 600 engine so we can pretty much go anywhere.

5/15/10, 5:45 PM   #9
racer58

I would go with the 600cc. There are plenty of places to race and plenty of cars. I also think the 600's are faster on the smaller tracks like Linton, Peru. You also have a few tracks in Illinois to choose from. Good Luck!

5/15/10, 7:22 PM   #10
West Baden Iron
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stomper8 View Post
they will if any show up. just dont want to travel somewhere and nobody to race with.seat time is nice though

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

they will if any show up. just sucks to travel somewhere and nobody to race with.Thinkin real serious bout purchasing 600 engine so we can pretty much go anywhere.
If I were you I would either keep the 1000 upright or sell the car and get a 600 micro (sidewinder). The 600 uprights are drying up at Linton. They had 1 upright at Linton on Friday and 3 last Friday. They don't race uprights at Miami County or US 24 Speedway. Thunder Valley in Salem race the uprights but I can't find results to see how many but they don't run mini sprints every week.

If you keep your upright, the MMSA looks like your best option of racing with a competitive field. However, I believe you have to run a stock 1000 cc (if I remember correctly).

You have a lot more choices of where to race weekly in Indiana and Illinois if you race a 600 micro plus you can run wing and non-wing at most places.

Maybe this will help, maybe not.

Thanks,

Jason

1 member likes this post: racer58
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weekly mini sprint races?