IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #1 5/1/10 11:26 AM
Racing for tonight has been cancelled. We had a quarter of a inch of rain this morning and forecasts are calling for flooding rains and thunderstorms this afternoon and tonight.
Thanks, Dave
6 Likes: Eatin Dirt, FishBurger, Jrp4554, mtek56, SUPERDUKE
Gregg (Offline)
  #2 5/1/10 11:36 AM
UUAGH!!

Thanks, Dave and Kim.

See you next week. Same bat time, same bat channel.
ClaytonYeley (Offline)
  #3 5/1/10 11:53 AM
Dave, any chance you re-schedule this MSCS race? I was looking forward to it but once again mother nature wins.
ThaBurgFan (Offline)
  #4 5/1/10 8:04 PM
Don't know why we even watch the weather. Hasn't rained at the Burg since 11 am and as of 7:45pm the sun is shining. So much for the 2-3 inches of rain and heavy t-storms they were expecting. I understand why Dave called it considering the forecast this morning by these idiots. Sorry, just had to vent now that I am sitting here for the second saturday in a row missing some racin at the Burg!
TBrown (Offline)
  #5 5/1/10 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by ThaBurgFan:
Don't know why we even watch the weather. Hasn't rained at the Burg since 11 am and as of 7:45pm the sun is shining. So much for the 2-3 inches of rain and heavy t-storms they were expecting. I understand why Dave called it considering the forecast this morning by these idiots. Sorry, just had to vent now that I am sitting here for the second saturday in a row missing some racin at the Burg!
My thoughts exactly!!!:
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #6 5/1/10 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by ThaBurgFan:
Yep!! Plain and simple i blew it!! thought i was doing everyone a favor by saving everyone money in fuel and travel. The way all the weather reports were coming in we was going to have floods and severe storms....well none of it happened...do i sure look like a fool.
My apologies to everyone for making a bad decision,'
Sincerely, Dave Rudisell
MEAT (Offline)
  #7 5/1/10 10:56 PM
It's a double edged sword. I think Dave made the right decision based on the weather reports and rain that had already fallen. You could have been like Putnamville and got pits full and then had to call it. Try it again next week and hope the rain gods become race fans again.
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #8 5/1/10 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by MEAT:
It's a double edged sword. I think Dave made the right decision based on the weather reports and rain that had already fallen. You could have been like Putnamville and got pits full and then had to call it. Try it again next week and hope the rain gods become race fans again.
Early weather reports say its going to be nice next weekend, but we know how the weathermen are. Thanks and again i apologize for the rainout tonight. Hope to see everyone next weekend.
Dave

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Also, The MSCS and myself will discuss a make up date for the MSCS Sprints early this week. As soon as we have a decision you all will be the 1st to know.
4 Likes: MEAT, mtek56
TBrown (Offline)
  #9 5/1/10 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell:
Yep!! Plain and simple i blew it!! thought i was doing everyone a favor by saving everyone money in fuel and travel. The way all the weather reports were coming in we was going to have floods and severe storms....well none of it happened...do i sure look like a fool.
My apologies to everyone for making a bad decision,'
Sincerely, Dave Rudisell
You did not make a bad decision... How were you to know that we wouldn't get this 3-4 inches of rain they were saying? The weather men "Blew It" for many people this weekend being there were alot of plans cancelled due to the forecast. You don't look like a fool for being logical. If you didn't call it, it would have poured all evening!
2 Likes: ThaBurgFan
ThaBurgFan (Offline)
  #10 5/2/10 1:00 AM
Originally Posted by TBrown:
You did not make a bad decision... How were you to know that we wouldn't get this 3-4 inches of rain they were saying? The weather men "Blew It" for many people this weekend being there were alot of plans cancelled due to the forecast. You don't look like a fool for being logical. If you didn't call it, it would have poured all evening!
No apologies needed Dave! We all know who blew it and it wasn't you. Hopefully we will get to see some racin next weekend!