IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sammy Swindell
11/6/07, 4:16 AM   #81
Re: Sammy Swindell
RGardner

regardless with what happen with swindell this weekend.....

this whole year all i have been seeing in usac is people running into people...i mean come on guys....these dicussions you guys have on hear about him being a brat this guy being a punk and so on is a JOKE...there young and dont care about tearing stuff up cause they know there is going to be a new ride under them the next week...and who can blame them...they put on a good show dont they...WELCOME TO THE NEW AGE GUYS ITS AINT GOING AWAY ANYTIME SOON....get used to it....:clauson:

RG

11/6/07, 7:44 AM   #82
RandyF46

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostinkinwings View Post
Erin Crocker has an Outlaw win. Do you really wanna stand on that. Call me when a bra and panties takes home a USAC sprint trophy......:kookoo2:
I guess you couldn't could you? So why not be a sexist pig? Classy man real classy.

I can think of Outlaw drivers with USAC wins.

When are you people going to admit the best sprint car drivers in the world are running with the Outlaws? The most money, the most prestige. Hell Smoke won't even try a winged 410 and he was the very best in USAC. Hell he is middle of the pack at an NRA 360 show at his own house:headbang:

Be smug and smart ass all you want. Wing cars are way faster. WAY FASTER! The Outlaws are the best of the best and Sammy is the sencond best there ever was and still is pretty damn good. Didn't he just win a midget race?:idea:

I think the "brats" on this board should try it first. They wouldn't be so fast to bad mouth real drivers.:checkered::Steer

11/6/07, 8:24 AM   #83
Knoke77

Control the rage Randy... Control the rage!!

11/6/07, 8:38 AM   #84
babcock14d

Racing in general has taken a downward spiral, some new drivers have no respect for other drivers or there equipment. I've seen it numerous times the last couple of years,not picking on any one person .

11/6/07, 9:05 AM   #85
The Frolic

My only opinion is I think that when your dealing with young drivers and teenagers in general you have to factor in maturity. You really hope that through time in the seat and time in the pits they gain that maturity and respect for the people on the track and in the stands. Some of these young drivers pick it up quickly...some haven't yet and you just hope they do soon because its hard to shake a bad reputation. Perception sometimes is reality. The young drivers that have that special balance of talent, respect, maturity and professionalism are rare. Thankfully, there are several that come to mind and their parents deserve a butt load of credit.:thumb:

11/6/07, 9:10 AM   #86
Seadog

I liked it better when you had to be 21 to run with USAC. Maybe it is because I'm getting old, but some (not all) of the young kids really don't need to be in the cockpit of an 800 HP sprint car. And even some adults for that matter.

11/6/07, 9:12 AM   #87
E.P.

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyF46 View Post
When are you people going to admit the best sprint car drivers in the world are running with the Outlaws? The most money, the most prestige. Wing cars are way faster. WAY FASTER! The Outlaws are the best of the best and Sammy is the sencond best there ever was and still is pretty damn good.
Randy -

Just because the Outlaws have more money or run faster don't make them the "best of the best." The only thing that proves is that their cars go faster and they have more money.

How many of those Outlaws got their :censor: waxed when they tried the Silver Crown Series? I know Blaney held his own a couple of times, Sammy couldn't hit his tail with his hands tied behind his back in Potters car and Schatz from my memory never blazed a trail. I know the SC series isn't the sprints but it is non winged which is the premise behind your assumption that winged drivers are the best of the best because they have more money and they are faster.

How many freight train features have you paid to watch at an Outlaw show? Yes they go faster and yes they may have more sponsor dollars but the fact remains it's still a freight train single file main event. (hold Charlotte last weekend which was a great race)

The point in this thread as I read it is to highlight the fact that Sammy Swindell is not in control of his emotions. In my mind he is tarnishing his legendary status as the "second best sprint car driver". This is a fact that isn't disputable...he is out of control and that is a shame.

11/6/07, 9:26 AM   #88
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

[QUOTE=Hawker;16722]
Is there a driver out there that hasn't made multiple stupid moves in their career?
QUOTE]

Darland, Stanbrough, Coons, Kruseman, Cottle

11/6/07, 9:30 AM   #89
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.P. View Post
Randy -

Just because the Outlaws have more money or run faster don't make them the "best of the best." The only thing that proves is that their cars go faster and they have more money.

How many of those Outlaws got their :censor: waxed when they tried the Silver Crown Series? I know Blaney held his own a couple of times, Sammy couldn't hit his tail with his hands tied behind his back in Potters car and Schatz from my memory never blazed a trail. I know the SC series isn't the sprints but it is non winged which is the premise behind your assumption that winged drivers are the best of the best because they have more money and they are faster.

How many freight train features have you paid to watch at an Outlaw show? Yes they go faster and yes they may have more sponsor dollars but the fact remains it's still a freight train single file main event. (hold Charlotte last weekend which was a great race)

The point in this thread as I read it is to highlight the fact that Sammy Swindell is not in control of his emotions. In my mind he is tarnishing his legendary status as the "second best sprint car driver". This is a fact that isn't disputable...he is out of control and that is a shame.

Second best? Id put a host of drivers ahead of him, Gaines, Hurtabies, Foyt, Pancho, Wolfgang ect.

As far as knowledge of the car as far as a driver, Id put sammy as probably the best behind Karl Kinser.

Chuc

11/6/07, 9:42 AM   #90
Barney

[QUOTE=openwheelKT;16761][QUOTE=Hawker;16722]
Is there a driver out there that hasn't made multiple stupid moves in their career?
QUOTE]

Darland, Stanbrough, Coons, Kruseman, Cottle

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sammy Swindell