IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > question about LPS seating
4/21/10, 9:32 PM   #1
question about LPS seating
racerdog45

I've been to LPS several times but always in the pits and have never been to the grandstand side. On Saturday if it doesn't rain I'm taking a friend and his daughter (who have never been there) and we're going to sit in the grandstand. My question is do we need a blanket to sit on and how are the seats, also is there a place we could sit in lawn chairs? Kind of looking forward to going since there's new management PLUS my friend is a dirt late model fan so trying to convert him, lol, or at least teach his 13 year old daughter what REAL race cars are like!

4/21/10, 9:38 PM   #2
Re: question about LPS seating
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerdog45 View Post
i've been to lps several times but always in the pits and have never been to the grandstand side. On saturday if it doesn't rain i'm taking a friend and his daughter (who have never been there) and we're going to sit in the grandstand. My question is do we need a blanket to sit on and how are the seats, also is there a place we could sit in lawn chairs? Kind of looking forward to going since there's new management plus my friend is a dirt late model fan so trying to convert him, lol, or at least teach his 13 year old daughter what real race cars are like!
you can sit your lawn chairs between the rows of bleachers --- plenty of room or you can use blankets & sit on the north side of the bleachers in the grassy area above turn 4.----our group always use lawn chairs in the bleachers - all concrete grandstand ---- not a bad seat in the house....

4/21/10, 9:45 PM   #3
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

A lot of people, including me, place their lawn chairs between the seats. The aisles are really wide and it is easy to do this. Others prefer to sit on the bleachers (boards). A cushion or blanket enhances the comfort. I sometimes place my lawn chair behind the rail behind the bleacher seats, which is also a good option. LPS is one of the best tracks when it come to seating options.
Last edited by ronmil; 4/21/10 at 9:47 PM.

4/21/10, 11:46 PM   #4
racerdog45

thanks everyone, I think we'll take chairs and blankets and check it out once we get there, hopefully no rain so we can make the trip!

4/22/10, 4:27 PM   #5
hoosier race fan

I'll be making my first trip to LPS for the UMP Summer Nationals late model race this summer. Maybe your friend would prefer to come to that.

4/22/10, 6:07 PM   #6
racerdog45

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
I'll be making my first trip to LPS for the UMP Summer Nationals late model race this summer. Maybe your friend would prefer to come to that.
I'm sure he would prefer the Late Model show but I'm trying to convert him....lol. Actually this summer will be a pretty even mix of races as far as going with him, I'm going to the Dream and him and his daughter are attending their first ever Little 500 and we'll split races rest of the year. Also we belong to DARF so hitting a few free DARF shows just for fun, after all that's what it's all about!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > question about LPS seating