IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
Wingman (Offline)
  #101 4/4/10 5:34 PM
Great night of racing. Jon/Dave just a racin deal two guys going hard for the same spot. Windoms deal probably would not have been black flagged if he did not run the guy into the infield. I did not understand what he stopped at the flagstand and acted like he did not deserve a black flag after that deal. Yes, he got punted but the retalaition did him no favors. I was impressed with the 4 wide racing. Outstanding!
racingirl (Offline)
  #102 4/4/10 5:41 PM
Originally Posted by affordableawards:
How can it not be his style it happens every week some where
tell me the last time you seen stanbrough intentionally take someone out!!!!!! get your story straight before you go running off at the mouth...
TQ29m (Offline)
  #103 4/4/10 6:15 PM
Well, maybe I've missed it, but I don't find any info on how the track was, guess it musta been pretty good then, Huh! Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
affordableawards (Offline)
  #104 4/4/10 8:05 PM
I would like to take this time and apologize to Jon and his family for some things I said last night on here.I should of keep my thoughts to myself.I you will accept it great and if you dont I will understand.

Gene
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #105 4/4/10 8:14 PM
Originally Posted by TQ29m:
Well, maybe I've missed it, but I don't find any info on how the track was, guess it musta been pretty good then, Huh! Bob
More like a late model track prep than sprint car. Since they run only a few open wheel shows that is probably understandable. With 43 sprint cars qualifying and racing, the track was still racy at the end. They didn't rework the track prior to the feature but with the lateness of the hour I certainly had no problem. As a fan, no complaints on my end.

Forgot to mention that Chris Nunn did a nice job on the PA last night. It was cutting out some but still he knew the drivers and added comments that were timely and helped the crowd follow the action.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
racefan20 (Offline)
  #106 4/4/10 9:08 PM
i would like to take this time and apologize to jon and his family for some things i said last night on here.i should of keep my thoughts to myself.i you will accept it great and if you dont i will understand.

Gene

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
racegal (Offline)
  #107 4/4/10 9:20 PM
I would like to take this time and apologize to Jon and his family for some things I said last night on here.I should of keep my thoughts to myself.I you will accept it great and if you dont I will understand.

Gene
Very Nice! I have said things that I have regretted in retrospect too! See you this summer!

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops
pletchfan (Offline)
  #108 4/4/10 10:53 PM
I stated last night that I was a Stanbrough fan as well as a Darland fan. That being said I would also like to state today that I would have been just as unhappy if Dave would have taken Jon out with a slide job. The slide job is just something I have never really cared for because they are just too iffy most times. I know without a doubt Jon Stanbrough is NOT a dirty driver and I don't think it is in his nature to be that way. But, it was a bad decision that he made and cost both of them a better finish than they had. I cheered for Jon all season a few years back when he had all those stickers on that tail tank. He is a class act and a very nice person to visit with also. So no disrespect intended toward Jon or his family. I am thrilled Dave and Jon were able to hug and get on with things after the race was over. Kuddos to two of the most likeable and talented drivers to ever sit behind the wheel of a sprintcar.
Closed Thread