Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Edwards gets a spanking
3/10/10, 7:43 AM   #21
Re: Edwards gets a spanking
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21sprint View Post
I for the life of me cannot figure out how Harvick got set down for a race, yet he was driving a truck if I remember right and caused a little wreck.
From Wikipedia (so it's gotta be true):
Kevin Harvick Incident

While he was a driver in the Craftsman Truck Series, Gibbs was wrecked by Kevin Harvick in a Truck Series race at Martinsville. Reportedly it was said on Harvick's radio that he was going to dump Coy Gibbs but it was not true. Nevertheless, Harvick got parked by NASCAR the next day as he did not race the Virginia 500 and Kenny Wallace drove the race instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston41 View Post
Why does there seem to be such a collective dislike of BK? The kid seems like the only real deal in the circuit right now - he has an edgy, down to earth personality and wins races in cars owned by Finch and Dale Jr, and is making that 12 go. If you think about it - who has he mixed it up with? Denny Hamlin? Kyle Busch? and now Carl Edwards? Arguably the three biggest ****** bags to ever drive in the sport? (JPM doesnt count; that guy is mad at the world.)

BK seems more like a peoples champ than a villian - you don't really see him mixing it up with the 'good guys'... I guess time will tell.

One more thought: A lot of complaining about NASCAR and yet a lot of discussion about it. It may have some circus surrounding it, but its still racing - and most of those guys are still racers. Just tune into the race and stay off the gossip sites and you'd be surprised how entertaining it still is. (especially if you can listen to it on MRN, which I can not living in Australia)
I couldn't agree more. It doesn't talk a whole lot of journalism for a writer to list off wrecks a driver has been in. Edwards caused both of the ridiculous wrecks on Sunday. On one hand people talk about "respectin' the veterans", yet others talk about it being entertainment on the level of wrestling. Like it or not Gordon, Stewart, Kahne and Newman have all moved onto it. Brad Sweet and Cole Whitt are racing where this season?

On the other hand, I am already getting excited for our racing season to start, for the hourly weather updates and the month of rain known as May.

3/10/10, 11:48 AM   #22
Hugh MacDonald

The worst thing will be when this sort of thing gets the bureaucrats involved. Knock on wood.

3/10/10, 9:21 PM   #23
E.P.

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 17

All I have to say is that Cousin Carl ought to be thanking his lucky stars that Jack Hewitt isn't the driver of the #12. The history between the two wouldn't have gotten this far because Cousin Carl would have had a black eye after the first incident.

Now that I think about it the stupid Junior Miller from the Madhouse show is someone else who also needs a bit of Hewitt justice.

1 member likes this post: billwill7
3/11/10, 1:43 PM   #24
Scott Daloisio

This is just another example of what a JOKE NASCAR has become. Think back to last May. Carl Long was caught with an engine that was 0.17 cubic inches above the legal limit of 358 at the All-Star race. He was suspended 12 races, docked 200 points (even though the All Star race is a non point race) and his team was fined $200,000.00. Switch place with Edwards (or any other big name driver on a big name team) and Long (or any other field filler on an under funded team). If Long had hit Keselowski like Edwards did, he would have been parked for half the season if not the full season, been heavily fined and put on probation. Likewise, if Edwards was caught with an engine that was 0.17 over the legal limit at a non points race, his crew chief would be suspended, they would have been hit with a fine (probably no where what Long's was), the team would be put on "JOKE" probation and the team would not have lost points. Once again, NASCAR is nothing more than a JOKE these days.

3/11/10, 8:20 PM   #25
Hubie

How many events is Carl Edwards sponsors affiliated with

this is not about Carl Edwards, this is about NASCAR and $$$$$$$$$$$

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Edwards gets a spanking