IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Edwards gets a spanking
3/9/10, 8:41 PM   #11
Re: Edwards gets a spanking
Jonr

Seems to be more of a hand slap than a spanking.

BTW. I loved it. NASCAR had gotten way to PC. I enjoy the fact that Cousin Carl dumped him, and did not hide the fact. Brad is a punk.

However, the car getting in the air was way scary. I still find it humerous that NASCAR does not believe the rear wing caused the uplift.

3/9/10, 9:53 PM   #12
racephoto1

That was no handslap, that was a pat on the back.

1 member likes this post: TQ29m
3/9/10, 10:45 PM   #13
Larry G.

I would think, at some expense level, both the car owners and sponsors will say enough.

3/9/10, 10:51 PM   #14
21sprint

I for the life of me cannot figure out how Harvick got set down for a race, yet he was driving a truck if I remember right and caused a little wreck.

3/9/10, 11:47 PM   #15
mtek56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry G. View Post
I would think, at some expense level, both the car owners and sponsors will say enough.
yea their losing money with all the empty seats and lost viewership on TV, so this type of action only helps to sell, sell, sell, corporate entertainment called racing to millions of "fans" that really don't care or know what real racing is about. It's been the media darling so far this week. What is ironic is that Nascrap is not "racing" this weekend. Free publicity down the drain

3/9/10, 11:49 PM   #16
slide22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21sprint View Post
I for the life of me cannot figure out how Harvick got set down for a race, yet he was driving a truck if I remember right and caused a little wreck.
I think that was the race Harvick waited around for the guy to finish his interview in the pits, then went after him. Plus Harvick had a few incidents prior to that too.

3/10/10, 12:04 AM   #17
hoosierfan

Carl knew everything would be alright he heard BK just picked up a new Aflac policy.
Posted via Mobile Device

3/10/10, 12:35 AM   #18
REH24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21sprint View Post
This was Harvick response taken from Yahoo Sports in reference to Edward's penalty.

“Huh!” wrote Kevin Harvick, who was suspended one race in 2002 for insubordination—he parked his truck at the door of the NASCAR hauler when he was summoned to discuss rough driving at Martinsville.

“I’m thinking about asking for a refund for all of my penalties!!!!”

3/10/10, 12:50 AM   #19
Boston41

Why does there seem to be such a collective dislike of BK? The kid seems like the only real deal in the circuit right now - he has an edgy, down to earth personality and wins races in cars owned by Finch and Dale Jr, and is making that 12 go. If you think about it - who has he mixed it up with? Denny Hamlin? Kyle Busch? and now Carl Edwards? Arguably the three biggest ****** bags to ever drive in the sport? (JPM doesnt count; that guy is mad at the world.)

BK seems more like a peoples champ than a villian - you don't really see him mixing it up with the 'good guys'... I guess time will tell.

One more thought: A lot of complaining about NASCAR and yet a lot of discussion about it. It may have some circus surrounding it, but its still racing - and most of those guys are still racers. Just tune into the race and stay off the gossip sites and you'd be surprised how entertaining it still is. (especially if you can listen to it on MRN, which I can not living in Australia)

3/10/10, 6:29 AM   #20
outsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Wow, Probation for intentionally wrecking someone where driver and fans could get injured or worse. INTENTIONALLY and Carl admits it but says I didn't plan to get him upside down.

Until they start taking hundreds of thousands out of the drivers pockets. Like a five race suspension to the driver (Another driver could drive the car) Nothing will change.

Stewart gets half a season Probation for bashing goodyear. This is a joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_4I12wwBIE
After viewing that youtube clip, NASCAR has officially suck to it's lowest level possible. Geez, in 1987 when a car got airborne and that close to going into the fence/stands NASCAR took a serious look at it and did something to try to stop it. In 2010, they took a lok and seen ways to make money and hype.

Sacrificing safety for money is about as low as you can go. NASCAR sounds like a sweetshop in a third world country.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Edwards gets a spanking