IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > happy birthday maude smith
2/27/10, 1:12 PM   #1
happy birthday maude smith
smith19

just wishing her a happy 88th birthday. a tribute to her can be found at queencitymotorsports.com. click on pic's. thanks keith wendel...she is one of a kind.

2/27/10, 3:50 PM   #2
Re: happy birthday maude smith
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Happy happy twin 8est!

2/27/10, 7:39 PM   #3
FishBurger

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAUDE

Hope that bozo grandson will bring you down to the 'Burg this summer, Section "A" of course. Always GREAT talking with you.

2/27/10, 9:08 PM   #4
HurstBros0

Happy Birthday Miss Maude ! Back when I was driving and they had driver introductions .... I could always count on you , Sue Johnson and Mom to clap for me .

3/1/10, 7:10 PM   #5
smith19

marv, i love when you talk to me like that. dan, she was always a fan of your whole family. remember, she was from salem to...

3/2/10, 9:15 AM   #6
fifthwheel

we need to find a way to get her nominated for the "Sprint Car Hall of Fame". I don't know of anyone other than Mari Hulman (HOW Spl) from that era that contributed to sprint car racing the way she did.

3/2/10, 3:52 PM   #7
racerjim2

Happy belated Birthday to Mrs. Smith. She is "the first lady of sprint car racing" and I vote for her into the HOF.

3/2/10, 6:18 PM   #8
smith19

jim, one of these day's i've got to meet you. you are probably the most knowledgeable people i know about racing. are you still living in west "by god" virginia? thanks for the kind words. i do know one thing. that maude has won more sprintcar features for a women car owner than anyone. i mean a called the shots, did the hiring and firing, ordered the parts, had the cars built and worked on the car at home. never at the track. she didn't believe in women in the pits.lol. i know some guys put their wives name on the side of their car as owner for brownie points but she was the real deal. even know she can't get out to the track any longer she still doesn't miss a race of any kind on tv.

3/3/10, 6:44 AM   #9
Ovalmeister

Happy Birthday Maude!
David.

1 member likes this post: Xflagman
3/4/10, 1:42 PM   #10
smith19

thanks for the pic's david.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > happy birthday maude smith