IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fire in Burdette's garage
11/24/09, 9:23 PM   #1
Fire in Burdette's garage
Sprintwatcher

Joe Burdette had a major fire in a garage early this morning . It pretty well destroyed the building also a minisprint and other parts plus some project cars he and Brett were working on . Just what they needed when "racing money" is hard enough to come by !

11/24/09, 9:28 PM   #2
Re: Fire in Burdette's garage
ImissAscot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintwatcher View Post
Joe Burdette had a major fire in a garage early this morning . It pretty well destroyed the building also a minisprint and other parts plus some project cars he and Brett were working on . Just what they needed when "racing money" is hard enough to come by !
Or maybe it was Insur....I mean "racing" money someone is after......: J/K I hope it would not be the case

11/24/09, 10:06 PM   #3
speed9

Sorry to hear of any fire and more especialy a racer. My Ins only covers content, with a special rider, and no parts or race cars either complete or apart. Just to expensive, just like people dont understand how a driver can strap into a race car with inadaquate ins so does a owner operate on a shoe string and hopes it never happens to them. LOL in the future to Burdette in racing.:2:

11/25/09, 4:44 PM   #4
HarleyHoney

Since almost all of Brett's trophies and racing highlights were in that garage, I'm quite sure that what you are suggesting is not the case. I'm quite surprised by what has been suggested. Knowing Sprintwatcher I'm sure that this is not the direction that he intended this to go. Sprintwatcher, in the future you may want to refrain from updating others. They may not be worthy of the info...

2 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
11/25/09, 9:16 PM   #5
HoosierDirt

I really hate to here this Joe and Brett are good people and have always been good to us .Ive been to there shop (Garage) several times and there was alot of stuff that you couldnt replace with money .alot of memorys from racing things you cant ever replace

11/25/09, 11:25 PM   #6
ChaplainJackie

Joe and Brett I am so sorry to hear about the fire. Fire is so scary and I thank God that everyone is alright.
It's hard for me to find words to comfort you guys with because the loss of racing stuff would break my heart.
I'm sitting in a room full of racing pictures, side panels of race cars, my Dads trophies and all I have collected.
Brett you are so young and so talented and have a wonderful career ahead of you with more trophies and pictures.
Your Dad is right there with you as well as all your fans and family. Thank God for where you are right now in life
the future He can give you. If I can help clean up or help with anything let me know. #513-673-3368.

11/26/09, 11:50 AM   #7
BIGEBUDMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissAscot View Post
Or maybe it was Insur....I mean "racing" money someone is after......: J/K I hope it would not be the case
Another nomination for dumb post of the year! Sad anyone would suggest that!

11/26/09, 4:29 PM   #8
Pat O'Connor Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissAscot View Post
Or maybe it was Insur....I mean "racing" money someone is after
There is another IOW thread about what we are thankful for. Well, I'm thankful that few on IOW would be so foolish as to have made such a post as the one quoted here.

2 members like this post: mtek56
11/27/09, 3:17 AM   #9
JEFFSTOY

that is a complete b -lls-it poston this message board

11/27/09, 1:45 PM   #10
wbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDirt View Post
I really hate to here this Joe and Brett are good people and have always been good to us .Ive been to there shop (Garage) several times and there was alot of stuff that you couldnt replace with money .alot of memorys from racing things you cant ever replace
It would be devastating to say the least. Sorry to hear about it guys.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fire in Burdette's garage