IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > J.J Yeley news.....
11/12/09, 1:16 AM   #21
Re: J.J Yeley news.....
Pat O'Connor Fan

Perhaps I was overly harsh in my other post in this thread.
But I have a reasonably understandable excuse: my wife had 3 spinal fusion surgeries in the span of 9 years. The first fused 2 vertebrae in her neck. The second replaced/corrected (different surgeon, of course!!) that one, fusing 4 vertebrae in her neck. The final one fused the 4 vertebrae at the bottom of her spine, via two metal rods and a bunch of various fasteners. I am more than just a little sensitive to offhanded remarks which seemingly belittle any type of spinal fusions.
OK, I had my say. Now I will crawl back into that darkness in which curmudgeons like myself tend to lurk.

4 members like this post: Bruce Harrison, mtek56, Ovalmeister, YeleynSmoke
11/12/09, 3:04 AM   #22
Midget82

Quote:
Originally Posted by usacgirl View Post
I would like to clairify. I am sorry JJ got hurt at Lakeside and glad he is ok and did not get it worse. However, he is way over rated!...Top notch NASCAR team and fell right on his face. He had NOBODY to race against when he did the triple unlike Stewart did. The cream rises to the top and JJ was not one of them. Credit him as a typical west coast dirt sprint driver at best.

He is a has been....move on please!
So when did YOU win the Triple Crown? How many top 10's in the Indy 500 do YOU have?

11/12/09, 4:16 AM   #23
dansprint

I beleive this is the crash in question that caused JJ the Neck fractures. As you can see it rolled 3 complete times on the left side within 1 second!
Very scary wreck, but as said by Yeley " It was a typical type of sprintcar crash" Obviously a fineline between injury and walking away scott free..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvKiUFf2ufk

2 members like this post: Ovalmeister, YeleynSmoke
11/12/09, 7:19 AM   #24
Gregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by usacgirl View Post
I would like to clairify. I am sorry JJ got hurt at Lakeside and glad he is ok and did not get it worse. However, he is way over rated!...Top notch NASCAR team and fell right on his face. He had NOBODY to race against when he did the triple unlike Stewart did. The cream rises to the top and JJ was not one of them. Credit him as a typical west coast dirt sprint driver at best.

He is a has been....move on please!
I'd say get rid of the shovel. You keep digging yourself deeper and deeper. JJ has a single season record of 24 USAC wins set in 2003. USAC Triple crown winner the same year. Top notch NASCAR team finished 21st in points in 2007, better than Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s projected 2009 points finish with an even better team. You may be right on one thing. He may be a typical west coast dirt sprinter at best. Kruesman, Griffin, Wise, McSpadden ... Not bad company.

I've seen JJ take the Stanton sprinter from midpack to steal a win at the finish at Twin Cities in ISW. That was the most memorable of the 200 or so sprint car races I've been able to witness in the last ten years. He did it five years ago, he can do it again. He's a has been all right. He "has been" a great racer to watch all these years.
Last edited by Gregg; 11/12/09 at 9:47 AM.

11/12/09, 8:27 AM   #25
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaytonYeley View Post

Yeah, look at all the non talented drivers JJ had to run against in 2003.

USAC NATIONAL SPRINT CAR SERIES
Final Point Standings
1. J.J. Yeley
2. Jay Drake
3. Tracy Hines
4. Bud Kaeding
5. Boston Reid
6. Cory Kruseman
7. Levi Jones
8. Dave Darland
9. Jon Stanbrough
10. Brian Tyler

Thanks http://www.hoosiertire.com/usa10143.HTM for the 03 points.
I recommend that ClaytonYeley be barred from making such posts like this. I mean when people start posting facts like this and torpedoing some idiots dingy it's time for it to be stopped

The last thing we need on an internet messege board is facts. Otherwise some posters ******** and agenda will be FUBAR'd

4 members like this post: FishBurger, Gregg, I Miss Manzy, Ovalmeister
11/12/09, 9:27 AM   #26
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

[QUOTE=usacgirl;144910]He had NOBODY to race against when he did the triple unlike Stewart did. The cream rises to the top and JJ was not one of them. Credit him as a typical west coast dirt sprint driver at best.
QUOTE]

If I smoked dope, you'd be the first person I'd call. Sounds like you have some pretty good stash currently.

3 members like this post: Ovalmeister, YeleynSmoke
11/12/09, 9:39 AM   #27
Shawn

I don't think some posts even deserve a reply. They're obviously here just to "stir the pot". If they can't have respect for someone who puts their life on the line to entertain us, then they're not worth my time.

I will reply to Gregg's post. Gregg, that drive in the Stanton #75 at Twin Cities was one of the best I've ever seen. I will always remember that event.

3 members like this post: Gregg, Ovalmeister, YeleynSmoke
11/12/09, 9:54 AM   #28
badgerfan

JJ is not only an outstandingly talented driver. He is also about as "fan friendly" as can be. I personally know he has been instrumental in making more than a few young folks into long time fans. That is something our sport needs more of to survive. Good luck in Tulsa JJ!

3 members like this post: billwill7, Ovalmeister, YeleynSmoke
11/12/09, 10:13 AM   #29
illinisprintfan

Watching JJ at THAT and Haubstadt in the early to mid 2000's showed me everything I needed to know about him. One heck of a racer and a very approachable, friendly guy. I'm glad he has recovered and good luck next year JJ.

11/12/09, 2:52 PM   #30
ThrottleHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat O'Connor Fan View Post
Perhaps I was overly harsh in my other post in this thread.
But I have a reasonably understandable excuse: my wife had 3 spinal fusion surgeries in the span of 9 years. The first fused 2 vertebrae in her neck. The second replaced/corrected (different surgeon, of course!!) that one, fusing 4 vertebrae in her neck. The final one fused the 4 vertebrae at the bottom of her spine, via two metal rods and a bunch of various fasteners. I am more than just a little sensitive to offhanded remarks which seemingly belittle any type of spinal fusions.
OK, I had my say. Now I will crawl back into that darkness in which curmudgeons like myself tend to lurk.
Wow that is a lot for anyone to have to go thru. I hope all works out well.

Your comments were spot on so don't apologize for them. Its people like that who have some seated jealousy who do not need to participate in this board. Well wait its their right to look like an idiot.... I stand corrected.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > J.J Yeley news.....