IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Support Party for Rich Camfield
11/3/09, 9:42 PM   #1
Support Party for Rich Camfield
superglide

Rich is fighting lung cancer. There is a benefit this sat nov. 7th in decatur illinois at Sliderz Bar and Grill, 5995 E. Rt.36. They have raffle tickets for a golf cart, side of beef, flat screen tv, and $500 gas card. there will be an auction going on all day and some small silent auctions going also. plenty of food and drinks. This is to help with his medical bills and expenses.

Come out and support a Midget racer and his family as he is trying to whip the cancer into remission.

6 members like this post: billwill7, buck2, IndyBound, otispoole, Pat O'Connor Fan, turn4
11/3/09, 9:55 PM   #2
Re: Support Party for Rich Camfield
buck2

Put up an address so that some of us out-of-towners can send a note and a check.

4 members like this post: billwill7, dirtnonwingfan, IndyBound
11/3/09, 10:16 PM   #3
racin51

Hi,

I saw the other day a flyer for a benefit for Richard Camfield Family. I know Rich raced in many POWRi shows and has many friends through that. I was hoping to help get the word out on his benefit. Here is the details.

Rich has been diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer that is inoperable. To help with medical expenses and daily bills.

Where: Sliderz Bar & Grill
5995 US Rt 36 E. (Long Creek)
When: Saturday, November 7, 2009
12pm-11pm

There is a $5 Cover Charge(meal included w/cover)

There will be Raffles & 50/50 & Live Silent Auctions

raffles include: Golf Cart-Harley Davidson
Half Side of Beef
$500.00 Gas Card
Flat Screen TV
tickets for raffle: 1 for $25 or 5 for $100

Monetary Donations can be made to the Gerber State Bank in Argenta and Oreana under Richard Camfield Benefit.

There will be live bands inside and out.
Games and Activities for KIDS, too!!!

If anyone has questions they could call 217-620-1027 or 217-433-6668.

These numbers are not mine. I just wanted this information to be passed on to more of the racing community to help Rich and his family.

Found this on facebook, hopefully it will help.

7 members like this post: billwill7, buck2, dirtnonwingfan, IndyBound, Pat O'Connor Fan
11/4/09, 7:59 AM   #4
Midwest Connection

superglide & racin51 - Thanks for the info on Rich Camfield's Support Party.

Rich Camfield - a hard charging midget driver by all means, a fan favorite - a friend.

To Rich Camfield: My heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with you. I want to see you back at the track and in your #87 midget in 2010, and for many more years to come. Go!!! Fight!!! and Win!!! my friend.

Rich - Arnold, Missouri

Fan favorite Rich Camfield in the #87 midget at Belle Clair Speedway, Illinois

Last edited by Midwest Connection; 11/4/09 at 8:01 AM.

2 members like this post: billwill7
11/4/09, 2:41 PM   #5
Haulerin2deep

All of my families thoughts and prayers go out to Rich and his family. I have know the Camfields since I was a baby. A lot of the most insane fun memories in my life include the Camfield and Branson families. All of the trips to Kansas, Nebraska, and wherever else we decided to go. You know that you don't have to ask, if you need anything let us know.

Saturday is my daughters birthday party so I will be unable to attend but how about putting up a mailing address where cards and donations may be sent to help out...

Chad Branson #71

2 members like this post: billwill7
11/4/09, 6:52 PM   #6
superglide

The Gerber State Bank
110 E. Elm St.
Argenta, IL. 62501
c/o Rich Camfield Benefit

1 member likes this post: buck2
11/4/09, 11:05 PM   #7
E.P.

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 17

Well this just sucks!

I have known Rich since 1983 when he and I met here in Indy while we attended trade school. Back then when weekends rolled around he went back to Decatur to go watch his dad race midgets and I went back home to wrench on Late Models for the weekend. This was prior to my babtism to open wheel cars. Although I must admit I still have a soft spot for the tin tops.

We hit it off immediately and I have fond memories of those days and I am proud to call Richie a friend!

Prayers will be sent up and a check is in the mail!

1 member likes this post:
11/6/09, 9:13 AM   #8
sprint72

Rich is a great racer, and an even better person. The same goes for the rest of his family. EVERY time that I have ever spoken to Rich, I have walked away with a smile on my face because he has such a great sense of humor. Back when I was fortunate enough to race with Rich, we spent a lot of laps wheel to wheel on a lot of little bullrings, and I can honestly say that I cant recall ever having even the slightest of contact with Rich.
Im looking forward to seeing him again Saturday.
Jeff Flesher

11/6/09, 7:02 PM   #9
mtcray

Yes, Rich Camfield is a class act! I always enjoyed his presence at the M.A.R.A banquets! Keep up the fight Rich, your racing family is pulling for ya!

Mike Cray

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Support Party for Rich Camfield