IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > VUMTQRL Salute to 9/11 @ Shelbyville Sat.
9/13/09, 10:15 AM   #31
Re: VUMTQRL Salute to 9/11 @ Shelbyville Sat.
STP

Race Count Last Year: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetracer View Post
The first heat was the most AWESOME race I've seen! What a great job by all the guys to race each other so hard and not touch. WOW!!!!
It's cool to see a race where you can't predict who will win. Lots of passing and they were fast. I'm amazed at how they can go sliding 3-wide in the turns and not touch. These guys are awesome drivers.

How about the future TQ driver Austin Nigh? The crowd loved him. I think I'm going to Vegas to bet that he'll be a household racing name in the future.

9/13/09, 11:27 AM   #32
TQ97

You created a monster! He now thinks he should get to do that every time I race the TQ! By the way, he was turning 28 second laps out there. Not bad for a quarter midget.

9/13/09, 12:19 PM   #33
speidel21

great job jay, matt, stacy, jared, jacob. the ole "$hitbox" finally got it done congrats!

9/13/09, 12:30 PM   #34
STP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ97 View Post
You created a monster! He now thinks he should get to do that every time I race the TQ! By the way, he was turning 28 second laps out there. Not bad for a quarter midget.
He deserves it. He's really good. It amazes me at how well he can drive at his age. I guess it shouldn't surprise me because he gets racing DNA from both sides.
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by speidel21 View Post
great job jay, matt, stacy, jared, jacob. the ole "$hitbox" finally got it done congrats!
You had a good run up front too.
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Thanks Jon the turbo guy for your contribution to the Furthest through the Field award. It was nice to finally meet you and put a face with a name.
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by STP; 9/13/09 at 6:22 PM.

9/13/09, 8:44 PM   #35
bgbrd

Congratulations to Jay Park and His Family. Also great run by Mr. Lux.

Also, I would like to say thanks to Scotter99 for letting us have some fun.

Dale

9/13/09, 9:41 PM   #36
TQ29m

Congrats to Jay Parks, and Matt Lux on your feature win last night, seems like all the races were heavily contested, lots of real close racing, front to back, also thanks to our friends to the West for "dropping by", we always enjoy having you, hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. Only 3 races left this season, lets hope things continue to go as they have been, it has been a real fun season, and maybe by Greensburg, Kyle and I can have the T7 race ready for Don. Lets go racin! Jay, I think the action in the pits, was almost as exciting, as the one on the track, I think you ran a alot more laps than Matt did. Bob

9/14/09, 11:30 PM   #37
midgetracer

Congratulations Jay and family and Matt on your feature win! It's well-deserved!! Thank you to Gary for setting up our Patsy Cline concert. Ginny was wonderful and I enjoyed listening to her perform! Watching Gary dance, for those of you who missed it, was great too! Thank you to Mark W. for arranging for his friend Nick to bring the tiller firetruck out in remembrance of 9-11. It was surreal to be able to touch such a part of history since the firetruck was actually used on 9-11. What an honor to have Nick share it with us!

1 member likes this post: Uncle_Charlie
9/15/09, 10:13 AM   #38
STP

Here's a link to photos from the race:

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/thum...aspx?e=5224191

Thanks, Steve.

The pictures from Janet Smith should be up on the website soon.

2 members like this post: nowings4me, Uncle_Charlie
9/15/09, 5:14 PM   #39
jontheturboguy

I have to say, the cars from Illinois almost look like full midgets at first glance.

Sharp cars!

9/15/09, 10:10 PM   #40
Uncle_Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetracer View Post
Congratulations Jay and family and Matt on your feature win! It's well-deserved!! Thank you to Gary for setting up our Patsy Cline concert. Ginny was wonderful and I enjoyed listening to her perform! Watching Gary dance, for those of you who missed it, was great too! Thank you to Mark W. for arranging for his friend Nick to bring the tiller firetruck out in remembrance of 9-11. It was surreal to be able to touch such a part of history since the firetruck was actually used on 9-11. What an honor to have Nick share it with us!
Thanks to everyone! It was fun! Sorry that I missed Gary dancing. Did anyone get that on film or tape? PLEASE??? I could really use a copy of you did.

1 member likes this post: nowings4me
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > VUMTQRL Salute to 9/11 @ Shelbyville Sat.