IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > that updates
9/13/09, 3:02 PM   #91
Re: that updates
Flatrightrear

Having to attend a wedding reception last night I wasn't able to go to the race. Did it really take 4 and a half hours to run the show? With 32 cars? And this sport needs to attract new fans? How do you do it with drawn out shows? Fanatical fans don't care how long the show lasts but the casual fan would say "what a crock." Just plain stupid stuff like incompetent tow truck service is unacceptable. That is bush league and shows disrepect to paying customers who expect to see a proffesionaly run event concluded within a reasonable amount of time.THAT seems to be best at shooting itself in the foot somehow at about every show they put on. Whether it is THAT's fault or USAC's doesn't matter. It is a reflection on the track where the race is held. Tom

1 member likes this post: JEFFSTOY
9/13/09, 4:16 PM   #92
Rpracing1

I took my 13 Yr. old son last night. His first visit to the Action Track. I have been many times. He had fun taking pictures in the infield of the cars. Check out his pics in my latest photo album. He enjoyed the evening. He may have a photographic future. My problem is some of the Levi drunken "fans" that were flipping the bird continuously to other people in the stands after Levi had his problem. Luckily my son has enough sense in his head to know that thet are a lot of idiots out in this world. Good job Babalouuuuuuuuuu!!!!! and U 2 Jon!!!!!!
Last edited by Rpracing1; 9/13/09 at 4:18 PM.

9/13/09, 4:52 PM   #93
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

With all the hue and cry about fuel stops, and excessive laps being run, it would seem to me that the regular USAC teams would be a lot smarter than part time competitors like Stanbrough/Fox. USAC teams run 30 lap features on big tracks a lot. Surely they have to factor in yellows and other delays. The 53 ran just as hard for just as many laps on the same track and even had enough fuel to buzz a couple of more hot laps after the finish. So, are they banking on a red flag fuel stop, or just trying to lighten the load with less fuel? For sure the wrecker/push truck situation needs improvement, but it does take somewhat longer on a big track with no cutting thru the infield. We're accustomed to weekly show operations on 1/4 mile tracks with no infield fences. I agree with most all the comments about the Levi situation and the seeming ineptitude of USAC to make the right call(s). Maybe they have valid reasons. Any comment USAC? The band? We should sent those guys to GITMO to play for the prisoners. They'd confess to anything just to get out of earshot. I thought the racing was good and Chase Stockon showed us he can race, as did Deckard in his heat. And, it was nice meeting and yakking with you Jerry.

9/13/09, 5:38 PM   #94
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatrightrear View Post
Having to attend a wedding reception last night I wasn't able to go to the race. Did it really take 4 and a half hours to run the show? With 32 cars? And this sport needs to attract new fans? How do you do it with drawn out shows? Fanatical fans don't care how long the show lasts but the casual fan would say "what a crock." Just plain stupid stuff like incompetent tow truck service is unacceptable. That is bush league and shows disrepect to paying customers who expect to see a proffesionaly run event concluded within a reasonable amount of time.THAT seems to be best at shooting itself in the foot somehow at about every show they put on. Whether it is THAT's fault or USAC's doesn't matter. It is a reflection on the track where the race is held. Tom
Tom
It was from First Heat to end of Feature...................2 hours and 45 mins.

9/13/09, 6:38 PM   #95
Go Fast

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Pierce View Post
So, are they banking on a red flag fuel stop, or just trying to lighten the load with less fuel?
Talked to several guys after the race who ran out and they had filled it to the top. At least that is what they said. There were two of them who I know real well, and they would not lie about it. One had a 27 gal tank and ran out on the white flag lap.

Did anyone count the total number of laps both green and yellow. Guessing it was somewhere around a 70 lapper after all was said and done.

Oh well, on to Bloomington next weekend.

9/13/09, 6:42 PM   #96
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

also was at a wedding.any video anywhere.

"{If You Find Your Self Upside Down,That Means You Went Over The Edge}"

"{Dont Let The Fear of Flipping Get In The Way Of Winning}"

9/13/09, 7:59 PM   #97
burris7555

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrytheleftfront View Post
When a guy finishes last it is hard to penalize hime positions. I guarantee you had Levi crossed the finish line first he would have had a penalty. You guys all want to ***** about how many laps were ran under yellow. They could of ran more laps waiting to for levi to go the tail. But all anybody wants to do is come on here and bash USAC for everything they do. When last nights situation had no chance to be resolved. All competitors know that they do not through red flags for fuel. And I BET that they continue to not through red flags for fuel. The tanks are big enough so if you are worried through more fuel in.
Posted via Mobile Device
I am sure that all cars were overflowing with fuel when they were pushed off for the A. Everybody knows what kind of fuel mileage game THAT has become with all the cautions. Yes, everyone could say they all have 33 gallon tanks, and I'm not saying I don't agree but which they should have been used.

As for the situation not being able to be resolved, I am gonna say that in my opinion I think you are wrong here. I don't think that any fans were looking to see a penalty, everyone was just looking to have a nice, SAFE last few laps. Race/Points leader or not it was very unsafe for all people who were at the track, and no one should be allowed to try to 'limp' a car to a win, especially under the circumstances at THAT last night.
You better believe if anyone other than a USAC points contender/regular was leading the race and his RR was going down, he would have been black flagged, and not given an extra 4-5 laps to try to re-inflate his tire.

9/13/09, 8:56 PM   #98
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by burris7555 View Post
What does it matter how much faster he was than the rest of the field? He had a flat tire, and passed the pace car. He was a danger to the other drivers and I have never seen a track/officials let a driver continue with a flat. He should have been black flagged.
Posted via Mobile Device

How out of context can something be taken? I said nothing about him passing the truck and didn't know nothing about it when he did. That was a comment on how fast he was ONLY!
Thanks for your understanding. I do agree, Pass the truck, Go to tail.

9/13/09, 10:19 PM   #99
E.P.

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplexxx View Post
wow it is hard to find who in charge at usac.All they want to do is pass the buck.McCord,Carey,Miller,Smith none have any b....

I wasn't there so I won't comment on the fuel deal or Levi passing the pace vehicle but I will comment about your other thoughts.

Rule book is pretty clear. Chief Steward is in charge (or at least it used to say that). That would be Bill Carey. I have never once seen him hide in the usac trailer or pass the buck. To say Bill has no balls is to show your level of engagement with Bill. In my biased and narrowminded opinion Bill has more balls than McCord, Smith and Miller combined and that's not meant to say they don't have any...he just has that much more!

9/13/09, 10:29 PM   #100
Fullthrottle410

Good job on the track prep Very little dust. Happy to see they are finally headed in the right direction. My only complaint about the night was the late start. Hot laps were advertised to start at 5, but did not actually start until almost 6:30. Maybe there was some reason that was not announced to the fans. My opinion is; If you are going to advertise a start time, start at that time.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > that updates