IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > VUMTQRL Salute to 9/11 @ Shelbyville Sat.
9/11/09, 5:45 PM   #21
Re: VUMTQRL Salute to 9/11 @ Shelbyville Sat.
STP

Race Count Last Year: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Charlie View Post
Gary who?

I guess I'll wake up early for this.

See you all at Shelbyville,

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Great job Gary!
That was worth getting up early, wasn't it? Gary sounds like he's done this before.

We had lunch over in Shelbyville today. Track should be in great shape. Weather is beautiful. Less than 24 hours.

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
Well, we were up, but missed it, couldn't pull that far, I suppose. Did he do good? Yeh Charlie, I know, you'll be there tomorrow, and hopefully several cars and drivers, and lots of sunshine, and folks in the Grandstand. See ya tomorrow, as if we had a choice! By for now, Bob
I was able to listen to a live feed on my computer. When I'm at my desk, WSVX is one of the internet stations I listen to. Throughout the day they are playing promos for our race. Gary did those too. Check it out if you get a chance.

9/11/09, 9:42 PM   #22
TQ97

I'll be there

9/11/09, 10:32 PM   #23
STP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ97 View Post
I'll be there
Cool. Does Austin get to race too?

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

If you get to Shelbyville early, there is a neat place called the Grover Museum located at 52 w. Broadway, next to the fire station. The hours are Tues. - Sat. 9-4, Sun. 1-4, closed Mon and holidays. Admission is free, but donations are appreciated. The streets of old Shelbyville took some 13 years to complete. It is the showcase of the Shelby County Historical Society.

There are 20 or 21 store fronts in the display including the one room school house that they actually use for area third graders. It is an interesting place, too, if you like trains.

9/12/09, 7:50 AM   #24
TQ97

[QUOTE=STP;134450]Cool. Does Austin get to race too?[COLOR="Black"]

No.....he wouldn't be done till about 4 at Mini Indy and that would be really pushing it. This will be my 6th race this year, he has ran about 20, so in my view, its ok. He may think otherwise! lol

9/12/09, 10:31 AM   #25
STP

[QUOTE=TQ97;134493]
Quote:
Originally Posted by STP View Post
Cool. Does Austin get to race too?[COLOR="Black"]

No.....he wouldn't be done till about 4 at Mini Indy and that would be really pushing it. This will be my 6th race this year, he has ran about 20, so in my view, its ok. He may think otherwise! lol
I won't tell him that hot laps start at 5. Do you think he would be ok to drive laps around at Shelbyville? He could do some exhibition laps between races if he wants.

9/12/09, 12:44 PM   #26
TQ97

He might be fast enough to make the field! lol

If you're serious, I will go back out and throw it in the trailer.

9/12/09, 12:57 PM   #27
STP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ97 View Post
He might be fast enough to make the field! lol

If you're serious, I will go back out and throw it in the trailer.

Throw it in with his safety gear. Talk with Gary when you get there so he can tell the crowd a little about him and his racing.

9/13/09, 3:05 AM   #28
TqMidget41&84

Congrats to Matt Lux and Jay "Orange" Parks on their feature win ! Well deserved guys !
Posted via Mobile Device

9/13/09, 8:45 AM   #29
Uncle_Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TqMidget41&84 View Post
Congrats to Matt Lux and Jay "Orange" Parks on their feature win ! Well deserved guys !Posted via Mobile Device
I had "orange Kool-Aid" for breakfast this morning. LOL

Great job Matt & Jay! And, to all the MTQRL drivers (and out of state guest); THANKS For Yet Another Great Night of racing At Shelbyville!

Gary Lee, You pulled another "First" for racing. I was not much a fan of country music until last night. Great Job!
Do you think you could get The Rolling Stones to play sometime next year?
Jen and Mark, I am so glad that when you found Gary, cold and wet along side the road, that you hosed him down and gave him a job.

To all the MTQRL officials; You make my job easy. You were all "on Point" all night long. Thank You!
Motzi, if you could learn to "Moon Walk", you would be worth your weight in gold!

Too the fans; Thanks for coming out and enjoying the evening with us.

See you all next week,

9/13/09, 9:33 AM   #30
midgetracer

The first heat was the most AWESOME race I've seen! What a great job by all the guys to race each other so hard and not touch. WOW!!!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > VUMTQRL Salute to 9/11 @ Shelbyville Sat.