IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Midget82
  #21 9/8/09 6:54 AM
Is it just me, or did Force's interview seem like one you'd see on WWE Raw?
Posted via Mobile Device
snoopy (Offline)
  #22 9/8/09 6:57 AM
I don't condone this action, BUT, it goes on.
Last week it took 4 pages to get the story from Anderson. This week it is on national TV. Which one generates the most PR for the next race?
Downey44 (Offline)
  #23 9/8/09 8:07 AM
Get a grip people, its a bussiness not a hobby like it is for most of us. They spend more in one round to get their cars down the track than most of us will ever to spectate. Racing in general is suffering enough already from the down economy and good sponsors are far and few between these days.
sprinter25 (Offline)
  #24 9/8/09 9:45 AM
Originally Posted by Pat O'Connor Fan:
But one's reputation follows you. If your team has a rep for pulling this BS, every time another remotely questionable situation occurs, you are going to be thought guilty. You reap what you sew.
As he stated in the interview after he and Tony P. were separated, "It is my race team and I can do what I want with it". Pretty much says it all.
John has won over 100 Wallys and 10 Championships in his career. He's gotten all that he has by performance...the fact that some think that he took a "dive" to insure Hight's position in the "countdown" really doesn't matter, especially since NHRA has decided that there's nothing there.....IMO, just sour grapes from the Pedregon brothers.
RICHCRAFT.SPL (Offline)
  #25 9/8/09 10:15 AM
He called force a lier and a cheater !!This is a post from pat fosters son cole about tony and cruz ! Quote:
Originally Posted by rick finch
What is the story behind the Pedregon Bros. recreation of their dad's Fiat? I was reading the tribute to Pat Foster, and it mentioned the agreed upon contract was never fully paid! ***.......... did they "stiff" him some money?

Heres the real deal on the Bro's
They were great paying there bill....................till a two week thrash to debut the car in Pomona, Dad, Dale Armstrong, Steve Davis all put in long hours to make it happen, Dad was away from home in Wichita for weeks finishing the car in California.

Dad called me to help them Bust it off,he said" buy tickets for you and Rico Cruz will reimburse you guys"

Long story short and a lesson he taught me but didn't follow in the heat of making there dream come true........."GET PAID BEFORE GIVING THE CAR TO THE CUSTOMER"

Final bill was 16 thousand (dad worked for time and material) that included rent a car plane ticket to the coast , MY RACE TICKETS.

Dad said Cruz called him and of course was whining about the Final bill, and he told dad
"pat I think 16 grand is stout , I'm only sending you half that" so they owe 8 thousand still.

Dad was really shocked that he stiffed him, they had the car ....... Dad told him he was a piece of ****................... He's world champion, Dads dead, that's it. **** em. out!!
racerdog45
  #26 9/8/09 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by Downey44:
Get a grip people, its a bussiness not a hobby like it is for most of us. They spend more in one round to get their cars down the track than most of us will ever to spectate. Racing in general is suffering enough already from the down economy and good sponsors are far and few between these days.

And right THERE is the probelm, to these people it's no longer RACING but a BUSINESS. The problem with that is the FANS want to see RACING not corporate business decisions. If you continue to cheat the fans out of the RACING they desire due to poor choices based on BUSINESS then the fans will turn the channel, stop paying admission to races, quit buying merchendise etc. Right now NASCAR, IRL and NHRA are all suffering a loss of fan base, and you can say it's the economy but we have TVs and the internet and alot of people are not watching. And with a down economy and less people attending in person then that should mean more watching, and in reality far less are watching.
Downey44 (Offline)
  #27 9/8/09 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by racerdog45:
And right THERE is the probelm, to these people it's no longer RACING but a BUSINESS. The problem with that is the FANS want to see RACING not corporate business decisions. If you continue to cheat the fans out of the RACING they desire due to poor choices based on BUSINESS then the fans will turn the channel, stop paying admission to races, quit buying merchendise etc. Right now NASCAR, IRL and NHRA are all suffering a loss of fan base, and you can say it's the economy but we have TVs and the internet and alot of people are not watching. And with a down economy and less people attending in person then that should mean more watching, and in reality far less are watching.
I agree one hundred percent. But i'm afraid the good old days are long gone
Jonr (Offline)
  #28 9/8/09 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon:
I don't ever remember this happening on the track in sprint cars and midgets. Can anyone think of an example?

Many times, guys have gotten into other cars in order to compete for a championship or whatever, but laying down in an event? I'll never understand that.
I am a NHRA fan, and a Force fan. I do think that he "layed over" for Robert to get the win. However, I am not sure that it is a lot different than what we see in dirt racing.

I have also seen drivers have car issues in hot laps, and jump into another car for the race program. Wasn't this an attempt to impact the outcome.

I have seen team mates get out of the way of each other for a pass, but race all of the other competitors tooth and nail for that same pass. Wasn't this an attempt to impact the outcome.

I have seen guys who were not team mates, but simply friends do the same thing. Wasn't this an attempt to impact the outcome.

I have seen numerous people back up at the end of a race to avoid going to tech. (The pay differnece between 5th and 6th did not warrant the hour in tech after the races) Wasn't this an attempt to impact the outcome.

Finally, I have seen all kinds of crazy stuff when it came to IMCA claims. People backing up to lose positions to avoid the claim. People backing up to be eligible to claim someone in the top four. People making buddy claims in order to get the motor back to the buddy. Grudge claims to take away somebody's motor. All of these are attempts to impact the outcome.

If the NHRA wants to keep people from trying to impact the points, they themselves should not try to impact the points. If there was no "Countdown", there would be no reason for Force to lay over, and there would have been a heads up race.
2 Likes: bballr4567, interpreter66