IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Any Haubstadt Updates
9/7/09, 9:04 PM   #51
Re: Any Haubstadt Updates
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I enjoyed the races last night in spite of the rough track. The modifieds were really on their game. This isn't a complaint, but an observation; I am positive that I heard the announcer say early in the evening that the feature for the sprint cars would be 30 laps, but, later in the evening he said it would be 25 laps. I'm wondering what happened to the other five laps.
On the drive home to the eastside of Evansville, I believe I witnessed the most relentless display of lightning I've ever seen. The rain was torrential on I164 beginning somewhere around the Boonville-New Harmony Road exit. It did wash the spots off my car that I accumulated during the light sprinkles at Putnamville the night before.

9/7/09, 9:07 PM   #52
ByronMack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
I enjoyed the races last night in spite of the rough track. The modifieds were really on their game. This isn't a complaint, but an observation; I am positive that I heard the announcer say early in the evening that the feature for the sprint cars would be 30 laps, but, later in the evening he said it would be 25 laps. I'm wondering what happened to the other five laps.
On the drive home to the eastside of Evansville, I believe I witnessed the most relentless display of lightning I've ever seen. The rain was torrential on I164 beginning somewhere around the Boonville-New Harmony Road exit. It did wash the spots off my car that I accumulated during the light sprinkles at Putnamville the night before.
Did anyone else see the lightning strike the radio towers southeast of the track? I saw one tower get struck twice, so much for not striking same place twice.
Posted via Mobile Device

9/7/09, 9:10 PM   #53
Rpracing1

Quote:
Thats one way to keep that Olds clean!

9/7/09, 9:15 PM   #54
Kirk Spridgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry shaw View Post
the gorby 1g.
g1!

9/7/09, 9:34 PM   #55
Fullthrottle410

Quote:
Shortened to 25 laps because of weather moving in according to MSCS website.

9/7/09, 9:56 PM   #56
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullthrottle410 View Post
Shortened to 25 laps because of weather moving in according to MSCS website.
Those 5 lost laps could have definitely changed the end result,

9/7/09, 10:46 PM   #57
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Those 5 lost laps could have definitely changed the end result,
They could and they would

9/7/09, 11:23 PM   #58
Fisher79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamby812 View Post
I live 5 minutes from the track and yes I go there everytime they race, but I also go to many other tracks throughout the season(Eldora, b-town, lps, brownstown, and even kokomo). Most of the people I know around here aka Haubstadt homers also travel to many other tracks just cause we dont go to kokomo every week dont mean we go nowhere else. O and by the way couldnt we consider you a Kokomo faithful?? Seems to me people just wanna argue about which track is better. Ive been to each track this year and yes kokomo more than once and seen better races at haubstadt bar nun. And for all the kokomo faithful who are gonna say that you dont get the side by side racing at TSS as you do at kokomo are just play foolish. To each his own like I said in another post people who live up north prefer kokomo and people who live south prefer TSS. Who really cares just watch and enjoy you sprint car racing.....
Have homerism, will travel.

9/8/09, 12:01 AM   #59
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

Have!!! Your the president aren't you

9/8/09, 7:46 AM   #60
Downey44

Never been to either track that the track prep was'nt killer and racing great!! You all should be happy to have such class tracks in your back yards

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Any Haubstadt Updates