IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Race fans!
8/24/09, 5:45 PM   #41
Re: Race fans!
BrentTFunk

I try to hit 3 a week if possible. My usual routine is Gas City on Friday. What I think will be the best on Saturday. Sunday at Kokomo. Went to PA for USAC. Going to Perris and Tulare this fall. Also use vac for midget and sprint week. Just got back from Iowa and going to do 3 days at Granite City. Thanks Duke for for the motel imformation in Osky. Hope you are feeling OK.

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
8/24/09, 7:35 PM   #42
berks co

In Indiana, L'burg, Gas city, kokomo. At home in Pa, lincoln, the grove port royal, got to Selingsgrove twice but it was modifieds and late models does it count if a 358 sprint ran some warm up laps. Susquehanna 358 sprints and ARDC midgets. USAC at Grandview and Big Diamond, ARDC at both also. Modifieds at 4 other tracks. 600 micros at three tracks, kutztown, lanco and lindas. May go wednesday to New Egypt Nj, modifieds and ARDC midgets. Rellay like ardc MIDGETS. Steve Buckwalter is darn good. Overall 52 races this year with the season ending specials starting Labor day weekend, The Port Royal fair.

8/24/09, 7:41 PM   #43
Supermod
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE View Post
better thanks! Home now!

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

how many of these races are you working for speedy?
None. He is nice enough to let me off work once in a while so I get get to some of them!

later,

Bob Mays

8/24/09, 10:59 PM   #44
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
3 a weekend on most weeks, 2 if not. I've been to around 50 right now and expect to get to another 15 or so. Had planned to go to manzy again in November. I'll probably replace that with Granite City unless mowerman talks me into going to Tulare. Most everything else has been in Indiana(except Eldora and Danville). Hey I miss manzy, I have a cousin that lives in Cornville up near Sedona, is there any open wheel tracks up in the mountians up there? I have been visiting him in November the last few years and going up and down the mountian to Manzy.

John, I also miss Manzy even though I am on the east coast right now, the thoughts of going home and not having the Western Worlds at Manzy to go to in Nov. isn't setting well with me. Western Worlds will be held Nov.18th thru 21st at USA Raceway, Tucson sanctioned by ASCS. But to me Western Worlds has always meant USAC racing at Manzy, at least for the nine years I've lived out west. It also meant being able to sleep in my own bed rather than having to travel to see Western Worlds.

As posted earlier in this thread Casa Grande never openned this year, USA Raceway and a New Mexico track were going to pick up the ASCS races lost at Manzy, then the New Mexico track was forced to close, that left Canyon Speedway Park in Peoria and USA Raceway in Tucson being the only two tracks running sprints that I have been too. An I really don't know if Canyon ran sprints this year I need to check there website. I just checked Prescott Valley Raceways website they would be the closest to Sedona for you, they ran an open comp sprint race last Saturday. Seventeen cars attended, 20 lap feature won by Jermey Sherman, the balance of the top ten were Josh Pelkey, Bobby Marcum, Nathan High, Harris Brooks, Derek Williams, John Brinkley, Justin Quinn, Art Mankell III, and Ryan Murphy. Precott Valley's schedule ends in October. I had hoped by now we would have heard some definite information about a new dirt track openning in Phoenix by next year. Not yet!!!!!

Enjoy your visit to Sedona,

Patti

1 member likes this post: racefan20
8/24/09, 11:58 PM   #45
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenttfunk View Post
i try to hit 3 a week if possible. My usual routine is gas city on friday. What i think will be the best on saturday. Sunday at kokomo. Went to pa for usac. Going to perris and tulare this fall. Also use vac for midget and sprint week. Just got back from iowa and going to do 3 days at granite city. Thanks duke for for the motel imformation in osky. Hope you are feeling ok.
thanks out of the hospital and home!

8/25/09, 12:14 AM   #46
dirtshirt

I started the year at Tulsa This was thru July since i did both rainouts at Tri State , Riverside WOO an ASCS, TriCity Il speed week,Lincoln Il speed week,US36,Noth South,Osky,Knonxille ,NAS BBS and Moulton next stops US36 and Lucas Speedway.Would like to do The Burg but Dave won't let me in.SuperDuke where did Cropper find his pace car from Central Arizona Raceway?

Manzy Champ Sprint Midget
Las Vegas USAC
LasVegas WOO
Vivian MOD Special
SW Ar Reg Show
Riverside WOO
NAS Lucas USCS
Thunderhill SSRS
Duck River Lucas
I-30 SUPR ASCS
Tri-City UMP SN
Morgan Cty MSCS
Shepps N AllStars
Shepps UMP SN
Danville VCS UMP SN
Tri-State UMP SN
Lake Ozark ASCS
Knoxville USAC Miget N
Knoxville Legends
Lincoln WOO L M
Lincoln UMP SN
Charleston UMP SN
Paducah Reg Show
Ky Lake M Madness
Lake Clumderland
Last edited by dirtshirt; 8/25/09 at 12:18 AM.

8/25/09, 12:56 AM   #47
randyrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
I get to about to two to three a month. Now our season starts in March and runs till early November. My closest track Lincoln Speedway (Hanover PA.) is almost 60 miles door to pitgate.
me too. From Mem Day to Labor Day (if rain fcst < 30%) :
Lincoln (PA) Spdwy (74mi) - every Sat night
Williams Grove (95mi) - avg 1-2/mo for special Fri races & Speedwk/Keystone Cup,etc.
Port Royal, Grandview, Selingsgrove, Hagerstown for Speedwk/Keystone

Winged 410s / 358s/ URC 360's + wingless ARDC Midgets (best deal when same show with 410's)

Highlight of the Year = USAC Eastern Storm + Richmond

Try to sched family visits to StL for DuQuoin Labor Day

Hope to make a Sprintweek or Midgetweek - you Indy fans got it great.

8/25/09, 2:38 AM   #48
I Miss Manzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
3 a weekend on most weeks, 2 if not. I've been to around 50 right now and expect to get to another 15 or so. Had planned to go to manzy again in November. I'll probably replace that with Granite City unless mowerman talks me into going to Tulare. Most everything else has been in Indiana(except Eldora and Danville). Hey I miss manzy, I have a cousin that lives in Cornville up near Sedona, is there any open wheel tracks up in the mountians up there? I have been visiting him in November the last few years and going up and down the mountian to Manzy.
Yes! Prescott Valley Raceway in (where else?) Prescott Valley AZ. It's a really racy 3/8ths. at 5000 ft. alt. They run their own Sprint Car club,the Challenge Cup Sprints,and,so far this season thanks to the efforts of Robbie Allen,Bugs Norbury and others,have been hosting Open Comp shows.That's the good news.The bad news is that their last Sprint Car show is scheduled for Oct.3rd. So,it looks like you'll be joining us for the Western World at USA Race Park in Tucson,Nov.19-21. It's going to be all ASCS this year,winged & our own Canyon division,the only ASCS division to run without them.(Wings are for Airplanes & Maxi-Pads.)

8/25/09, 9:00 AM   #49
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtshirt View Post
i started the year at tulsa this was thru july since i did both rainouts at tri state , riverside woo an ascs, tricity il speed week,lincoln il speed week,us36,noth south,osky,knonxille ,nas bbs and moulton next stops us36 and lucas speedway.would like to do the burg but dave won't let me in.superduke where did cropper find his pace car from central arizona raceway?

Manzy champ sprint midget
las vegas usac
lasvegas woo
vivian mod special
sw ar reg show
riverside woo
nas lucas uscs
thunderhill ssrs
duck river lucas
i-30 supr ascs
tri-city ump sn
morgan cty mscs
shepps n allstars
shepps ump sn
danville vcs ump sn
tri-state ump sn
lake ozark ascs
knoxville usac miget n
knoxville legends
lincoln woo l m
lincoln ump sn
charleston ump sn
paducah reg show
ky lake m madness
lake clumderland
pace car????????/////

8/25/09, 8:14 PM   #50
old time Hoosier

When I was younger ( a helluva long time ago) three a weekend was the norm with stops at USAC, IMCA and an assortment of non sanctioned, but very good, sprint car races. I am glad I lived to see some of the greatest and attended races in Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, North and South Dakota, Nebraska, Colorado, Arizona, Michigan, California and Florida. So far this year it has been the Little 500 and Knoxville and I now get my kicks hot lapping my lawnmover around my acerage. The best, very best, sprint car racing I got to see was the cageless bullets blistering around the banks of Winchester, Dayton and Salem in the late 1940's and early 1950's. The gentleman who raced these cars were indeed real MEN.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Race fans!