IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kevin Miller experiment
8/16/09, 10:03 AM   #1
Kevin Miller experiment
Stagger

How much longer are folks going to keep supporting this guy.... Not that all of USAC's troubles rest on his shoulders but there is always a fall guy and he is it. If usac wants to regain their luster I feel some changes need to be made or they are ripe for a take over from another series. If anybody can not see the downward spiral of USAC they are blind. Sure Sprint Week packs them in and has good car counts but that would happen even if there was no sanctioning body running it. Time to bring in an actual Sprint car midget guy to run USAC not a self appointed master of marketing. Can anyone point out one thing Mr. Miller has done to make USAC any better for the fans or car owners and drivers? Sure they moth balled the New Gen Silver Crown cars but that was going to happen regardless once NASCRAP stopped funding them. Time to take the Parachute money and go back to drifting or monster trucks or what ever this guy has done in the past. Let the naysayers rip this thread up.

4 members like this post: SprintManDave, SUPERDUKE
8/16/09, 11:07 AM   #2
Re: Kevin Miller experiment
dirtywhiteboy

USAC was on a downward spiral BEFORE the worldwide economic crisis. It has been in a spiral for years. I was really hoping Kevin Miller would be able to do something to stem it but I haven't seen anything so far and the Gold Crown series is another sign it is actually speeding up.

1 member likes this post: Stagger
8/16/09, 1:01 PM   #3
SprintManDave

USAC needs to work on encouraging drivers and car owners to participate instead of discouraging them.

8/16/09, 1:07 PM   #4
racephoto1

After ORP, Iowa , and Oswego, I know I would be pushing the Champ Cars as much as possible. The crowds were huge. They have a product that is wanted, and IF and WHEN they push it, it works. They just don't seem to know how to do it on a consistent basis. SSDD.

8/16/09, 2:02 PM   #5
petey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintManDave View Post
USAC needs to work on encouraging drivers and car owners to participate instead of discouraging them.
Or negotiating with other groups like Powri and MSCS. When Miller said he disliked co-sanctioning events that really turned me off.

8/16/09, 2:20 PM   #6
griffithracing

USAC needs to listen to don Moore!!

8/16/09, 3:32 PM   #7
BrentTFunk

I think it is Kevin Miller and USAC's fault that opening night of the TNT tour was rained out.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, reserved1
8/16/09, 3:41 PM   #8
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I think it is Kevin Miller and USAC's fault that opening night of the TNT tour was rained out.

8/16/09, 3:59 PM   #9
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffithracing View Post
USAC needs to listen to don Moore!!
Heads would roll big time, believe me......... you really would see a "new" USAC...........
Last edited by DonMoore10; 8/16/09 at 4:01 PM.

1 member likes this post:
8/16/09, 4:08 PM   #10
badgerfan

Insanity has been defined as continuing to repeat the same behaviors and expecting a different (better) result each time. I guarantee you Don would not repeat the same behaviors if he were in charge. Time to shake it up it looks like.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kevin Miller experiment