IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cooler Tax? Would you be for it?
8/10/09, 3:58 PM   #21
Re: Cooler Tax? Would you be for it?
JEFFSTOY

I like to drink adult beverages at the races but if you have kids with u, u dont need the adult beverages unless your have a dseginated driver. maybe one of the kids

8/10/09, 5:23 PM   #22
sprintsrule

Isn't the whole point of bringing a cooler in to save a few bucks?? Why would anyone want to spend $15-$20 to pay a tax on that?? heck they probably don't even have that much invested in the contents of the coolers !! The larger sporting venues charge ridiculous prices for food and beverages...the smaller ones like these good tracks we race at are very reasonable at the concessions (excluding alcohol, because I don't know who sells it and/or what they charge) for food and drinks. If people want or need to bring their own in, so be it....as long as it complies with that tracks rules.

8/10/09, 6:12 PM   #23
LittleRube

I always get to your track early so I can park close to the front gate. That way I can get a pass out and have a beer or a snack during down time or when something is running that I do not care to watch.[/QUOTE]

is that in case the big bad bikers are there...

8/10/09, 6:24 PM   #24
aceace

A cooler tax, absolutely not.

What if the only way you could afford to go was by being able to take a small cooler. When my Dad raced they had usually 4 kids to get in. My Mom took a cooler and I got a sandwich and a can of pop and was told not to ask for money.

8/10/09, 6:33 PM   #25
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Don View Post
The problem with this is the local fuzz think I am selling drugs or up to something illegal, because I make several trips to my car. I have been searched once and questioned twice because I go to my auto to often in their mind.
Try dyeing your hair and beard another color. Smiling once in awhile might help too.

8/10/09, 7:11 PM   #26
Fullthrottle410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Don View Post
Is Indiana one of these states?

It is funny how some promoters hide behind that if you sell beer, you can not allow beer carried in. So how do you explain IMS, ORP, THAT, Haubstadt and Salem to name a few.

On a side note. Why is there so much police presence at The "Burg? With the exception of THAT it is hard to see a law enforcement officer at any other track. Is it because both are at a public fairground?
Found out this past weekend that Salem is no longer allowing alcohol to be carried in. They are searching coolers at the gate. Don't know how to explain the others.

I normally see quite a bit of police at Haubstadt, but have never seen them hassling anyone.
Last edited by Fullthrottle410; 8/10/09 at 7:23 PM.

8/10/09, 7:19 PM   #27
Vukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
Try dyeing your hair and beard another color. Smiling once in awhile might help too.
Something this.

8/10/09, 8:31 PM   #28
Tim Watson

You people are lucky to even have this option. Here in Wisconsin you can't carry anything into any type of event period. No carry ins at any race tracks and i can't even carry any BEER into my softball league complex.

8/10/09, 8:35 PM   #29
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

The possitive.
BLoomington, Any size cooler, bring your own beer if ya want. FAMILYS OUT THE WAZZOO PACKED Hillside full of fans. Two concession lines non stop till mid features. The don't sell Booze at the track therefore LAW DOSE NOT APPLY!

Terre, Allowed coolers, Really didn't check for brew.

Burg, Cooler, Ice water and soda, Really helps with overal expense of getting to the track and then admissions
I often find myself once or twice a night stopping by the concession for a cheesy burger or Pretzel. Reguardless, It isn't a hastle or a Shock to have to shell out a ton just to stay hydrated and happy. Downside is No BYOB but it isn't too bad if ya wanna buy a couple

The bad, Gas City. No coolers, In a way i can see it, Their stands cant even hold the people comfortably. However, They don't shake you down are friendly and have the best concession stand and most choices in the state bar none! Wash..........

The UGLY. Kokomo. Don't wear a jacket or baggy pants, They litterally shake you down, Check every bag of any kind ect. Meanwhile a Drunkfest goes on in the parking lot where you don't actually know that your car is safe.
How can Kokomo have a fan apreciation day with this policy? They didn't make me feel apreciated on a normal show?????? The racings good, BUt I'll go elsewhere

8/10/09, 9:23 PM   #30
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

I have watched this thread, so here are my thoughts, carrying in a cooler or not doesn't really bother me that much,
however the person that brings one or two "seats"that interfere with the people in front or back of them, maybe they should be charged for the "extra" seating.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

2 members like this post: bandres21, I Miss Manzy
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cooler Tax? Would you be for it?