IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
old time Hoosier (Offline)
  #1 7/27/09 8:43 PM
Back in the late 1940's and early 1950's there was a NORCO Photography I think based out of Pendelton, Indiana. They followed the Mutual Roadsters, AAA sprints and local modified stock cars and at one time they had a booth under the old grandstand at Sun Valley in Anderson and I think they had a booth at the old 16th Street Midget Speedway. Does anybody know what happened to this business or where some of the old photos or negatives could be obtained?
fifthwheel (Offline)
  #2 7/28/09 2:01 PM
There was a gentleman by the name of Lee Norquest that used to have a table at some of the tracks in the 70's. I believe he passed away but his wife used to help him, maybe she is still around. I wonder if these are the folks you are asking about.
SprintManDave (Offline)
  #3 7/28/09 3:11 PM
Originally Posted by fifthwheel:
There was a gentleman by the name of Lee Norquest that used to have a table at some of the tracks in the 70's. I believe he passed away but his wife used to help him, maybe she is still around. I wonder if these are the folks you are asking about.
I think you are correct. Lee Norquest lived in Claremont and was always at the tracks selling photos and speedsport news. Check with John Mahoney or D.O. and they could most likely help.
old time Hoosier (Offline)
  #4 7/28/09 7:16 PM
Thank you for the response. I visited with Mr. Norquist several years ago and mentioned the Narco or maybe it was Norco but he told me that was before his time. Thanks again.