IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > so...
7/24/09, 11:54 AM   #21
Re: so...
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgerster View Post
Did anyone notice Kody's drive from 19th to 6th (without a yellow). That must have been boring to watch!

bg
How's that beautiful red #27 pavement Beast running? How bad was it hurt at the Little 5?

7/24/09, 11:57 AM   #22
Vukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
They were. NASCAR fans are the ones that think you have to stand,even when you can see everything perfectly sitting down.
Andrew, a couple years back, I attended a Joliet Jackhammers minor league baseball game a day or two before the NA$CAR weekend at the big track.

The place was SRO and it was NA$CAR day also, so the stadium was loaded with fans with NA$CAR hats and t-shirts. At this point I realize I had made a huge mistake going to the game that day and sure enough a guy with a Earnhardt shirt stands up to watch the game and blocks the view of the other folks sitting behind him. They yelled at him to sit down but he wanted everyone else to stand up. A minute later he sat down but he wasn't happy about it

Do NA$CAR fans stand up in their living rooms while they watch the races on tv?

7/24/09, 12:09 PM   #23
aka Liz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
The flag was at half mast due to the death of former Indiana Chief Justice Richard Givan
Posted via Mobile Device
Thank you Chris - we were throwing out names from Walter Cronkite to MJ

I admit to being one of those people standing; but my seat was on the back row & I'm short. If people would sit down I wouldn't have had to do that. It wasn't the most exciting SC race but you could find plenty of interesting battles if you just looked...congrats to BC and Santos, and also to Ryan Newman - he remembers his roots!

7/24/09, 12:15 PM   #24
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsanonwingthing View Post
With the Silver Crown race going green to checkered w/o a caution, that tends to lead to a less exciting race as it goes on. The fast guys pull away, some cars begin to fall out, and others are off the pace. A few cautions may have made it a little more interesting. None the less, it was exciting to feel the grandstands shake and your ear drums rattle, as the Crown cars went past the main grandstand. It was nice to see a good field of cars on hand in both divisions.
Sounds like they may have needed a couple of those famous NASCAR competition or debris cautions.

7/24/09, 12:35 PM   #25
600minisprint
Inactive Member

Well I know to some people that racing is racing no matter what happens, last night was my very first pavement race ever going to and I "quote, in my opinion" that the miget race was AWESOME but 100 laps in the Silver Crown cars wasnt that enjoyable next time IF I ever went to anothe pavement race it would ony be to a miget race I guess im a DIRT kind of guy.

7/24/09, 1:06 PM   #26
Honest-Sam

I was amazed by the turnout. I honestly think it was quite a bit better than last year. I think anyone would have to call it a full house, at least where the main grandstand is concerned. Thank you to all who came out, in crappy weather, to support this event.

7/24/09, 1:15 PM   #27
OnTheHammer

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 35

Watched on USAClive and went to bed 40 laps into the SC feature. Not an exciting race from a televison/internet viewing perspective.

7/24/09, 1:15 PM   #28
Kirk Spridgeon

I'm a little different, i guess, because i liked the silver crown race more. Watching the front four attack traffic and watch Santos work it the entire race with east trying to keep up was fantastic. Bud and chet's battle was good. I watched walker and swanson slice everybody up for a long time. Then newman made some incredible moves and Darland was a show for a while. Plus dodson made a nice run. I mean, what a field! Who's ever seen brian tyler or shane Hmiel so far out to lunch? I think you just needed to look around a little and notice who's goin forward and who's goin backwards...
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Geoff Kaiser
7/24/09, 2:52 PM   #29
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
The flag was at half mast due to the death of former Indiana Chief Justice Richard Givan
Posted via Mobile Device
Thank you! I was wondering that too!

7/24/09, 3:02 PM   #30
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by vukie View Post
andrew, a couple years back, i attended a joliet jackhammers minor league baseball game a day or two before the na$car weekend at the big track.

The place was sro and it was na$car day also, so the stadium was loaded with fans with na$car hats and t-shirts. At this point i realize i had made a huge mistake going to the game that day and sure enough a guy with a earnhardt shirt stands up to watch the game and blocks the view of the other folks sitting behind him. They yelled at him to sit down but he wanted everyone else to stand up. A minute later he sat down but he wasn't happy about it

do na$car fans stand up in their living rooms while they watch the races on tv?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > so...