IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Deansnuts (Offline)
  #51 6/26/09 2:13 PM
The drivers sure dont seem to have a problem runnin with shane.If they did im sure we would hear about it.Go gett um tiger.Dean Buckley
91racers
  #52 6/26/09 2:37 PM
racersdog or Joe Cowin what ever you want to be called.....YOU ARE A DUMB ASS I have parked next to the Truckers at Gas City and Kokomo and I was introduced to the man and I think he is a hell of a guy. He takes the time to talk to my kid who just started racing and is always in a good mood even when goes out and has a bad night. I never here excuses from him only ways to improve. This isn't NASCAR...He did the crime and he's doing the time so get over it. I am glad to see Shane racing with us out here in Indiana. For all you haters out there....

Glad you're here Shane and I hope you stick around. You make a difference. Anyone wants to dispute it...come talk to my 16 yr old. Shane has made a huge impact on his life.

Curt Bullick
tallcan (Offline)
  #53 6/27/09 2:03 AM
anyone who does not like a true gasser is not a real racin fan. Who cares what was in the PAST this guy makes the throttle work! appreciate it he will bring fans to the seats
Spud
  #54 6/27/09 7:19 AM
In 1989 I was almost booted out of the U.S. Coast Guard for a drug and alcohol problem. I saw the light, got some great support from people in the Coast Guard and I started going to those 12 step meetings. I still go to those 12 step meetings, I don't drink or abuse any substances (except coffee!) and I now have a great life. I have seen many people do amazing things with their lives after major issues with drugs and alcohol, when they admit the problem, find a power greater than themselves and get a good support group.

Go Shane Go! There is more than one way to be a winner

If you or somebody you know is having a problem with substance abuse, GET HELP!
3 Likes: apexonephoto, davidm, tjtomthumb
racechic66 (Offline)
  #55 6/27/09 8:41 AM
This is my opinon!!!

Shane is a great person and is very remorsful for his actions. He has a loving and caring family that has played a huge role in the success of his rehab, (I will not go into details with nothing but pure respect for Shane and his family)

He works hard, he drives hard, he's an all around fun person to share your summer with. (after all who else could try and explain he needs more forward drive by saying the car needs more a$$ sqwat)
He is trying to make the best of his life and enjoy doing what he feels his calling is. no matter which track it takes him too. In his interview to TRUCKER'S, he said " I JUST WANT TO RACE and WIN RACES "

We all have made mistakes.. How-ever our heavenly father never said to any of us 3 strikes your out.I am a little confused that there are people out there that judge the way they do.
Making mistakes and learning are all part of growing as a person, and if you ain't growing and learning then what value does life have?

JUST REMEMBER: "EXPERIENCE" is simply a word we use to explain our "MISTAKES"

ROCK on SHANE HMIEL
2 Likes: mtek56, tjtomthumb