IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > SuperDuke too fast?
5/6/09, 10:09 AM   #21
Re: SuperDuke too fast?
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Back to the original meaning of the post. Back in the 70s some tracks qualified and started the fast guys on the tail Full inversion fields. To keep drivers from sandbagging their qualifying for a better starting possition, there was a one second rule. If you beat your qualifying time by a second or more. You were disqualified for the night.

I think Butch Wilkerson could shed some light if he wants too. From what I understand it was basically done by stopwatch if they thought someone was running faster than they qualified.

5/6/09, 10:55 AM   #22
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tq29m View Post
duke, i didn't aim to get you in trouble, i just wanted to talk a a bit about aj watson, and what he's still able to accomplish at 85 years on this planet, he's still building watson roadsters, he built a pat clancy special, so those that had only heard of one, and saw one in a picture could see what it really was, recently built his own, first hot rod, from memory, and is currently building a new watson roadster, for someone with a long line of stacks of money, but the first thing that happens, is someone starts busting your chops, and i don't think you deserve it. You've strapped in, when you knew there wasn't a chance for the car, and very little for you, but you did, just so some dude, strapped to a bleacher seat, could ridicule you for it, i can't feel sorry, for these sorry souls. Bob
most on here don 't know who he is!!!!!!!!!!!!! And don't care!!!!!!!!!! Very sad!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/6/09, 11:15 AM   #23
Amatiforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE View Post
most on here don 't know who he is!!!!!!!!!!!!! And don't care!!!!!!!!!! Very sad!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's sad to me to think that today's racers aren't as close as we used to be. Remember, Butch Wilkerson, Dick Gaines, Bobby Kinser, Duke Cook, and of course Chuck Amati. Why fight and fuss we all love racing, yesterday, today, and forever. All of these guys were the best in their times. Race on.

5/6/09, 11:19 AM   #24
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatiforever View Post
it's sad to me to think that today's racers aren't as close as we used to be. Remember, butch wilkerson, dick gaines, bobby kinser, duke cook, and of course chuck amati. Why fight and fuss we all love racing, yesterday, today, and forever. All of these guys were the best in their times. Race on.
your right! Thanks duke

5/6/09, 12:41 PM   #25
OnTheHammer

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatiforever View Post
It's sad to me to think that today's racers aren't as close as we used to be. Remember, Butch Wilkerson, Dick Gaines, Bobby Kinser, Duke Cook, and of course Chuck Amati. Why fight and fuss we all love racing, yesterday, today, and forever. All of these guys were the best in their times. Race on.
I don't see those other racing legends of yesterday you mention, posting here, threatening others and generally being rude and disrespectful. To even mention Duke in the same sentence as these 'true' legends is an insult to them.

Duke suffers from little man syndrome.

Face it Duke, you were a field filler on most nights.

5/6/09, 3:00 PM   #26
Offy22

I've heard more than a few racers talk about how fast Super Duke was... out the backgate with the receipts!!!
aawwww...jus kiddin'.

1 member likes this post: hogan6
5/6/09, 3:43 PM   #27
hacksaw

Legend in his own mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/6/09, 4:08 PM   #28
OnTheHammer

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offy22 View Post
I've heard more than a few racers talk about how fast Super Duke was... out the backgate with the receipts!!!
aawwww...jus kiddin'.
Thats probably closer to the truth than you and I know !!!!!!

5/6/09, 4:26 PM   #29
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthehammer View Post
thats probably closer to the truth than you and i know !!!!!!
please tell me about your racing history?

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthehammer View Post
i don't see those other racing legends of yesterday you mention, posting here, threatening others and generally being rude and disrespectful. To even mention duke in the same sentence as these 'true' legends is an insult to them.

Duke suffers from little man syndrome.

Face it duke, you were a field filler on most nights.
and most of the time i was to slow to make the show!

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacksaw View Post
legend in his own mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thank gary patterson for that title!

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > SuperDuke too fast?