IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
TQ29m (Offline)
  #1 5/5/09 9:28 AM
Duke, I was talking to one of AJ Watson's traveling gofurs the other day, he's in my shop at least once a week, and he was telling me he thought he remembers helping you get a car started one time, probably a Big Car, and then another time, in the Tampa Bay area, you were DQ'd for going too fast! Any truth to what he's tellin me? I've got a big button, with AJ's picture on it, when he turned 80, man don't time fly, when you're havin fun? Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #2 5/5/09 9:36 AM
Originally Posted by tq29m:
duke, i was talking to one of aj watson's traveling gofurs the other day, he's in my shop at least once a week, and he was telling me he thought he remembers helping you get a car started one time, probably a big car, and then another time, in the tampa bay area, you were dq'd for going too fast! Any truth to what he's tellin me? I've got a big button, with aj's picture on it, when he turned 80, man don't time fly, when you're havin fun? Bob
are you guys smoking? Or drinking?
TQ29m (Offline)
  #3 5/5/09 9:57 AM
Neither, Duke, he don't do either, he's a Baptist, and I only drink when I'm by myself, or with somebody, but honest, he did tell me that. He's at Watson's today, he's the Tuesday Gofur, he drives him around in AJ's new Smart Car, then they go to Kelly's for lunch, I don't know who all goes anymore, Dickie Cecil used to go, but I think he's about quit, there's usually about 6 of them, get to hear some good stories sometimes. Bob
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #4 5/5/09 10:19 AM
was in kelly's for lunch one day last year in may and saw that group there ,man that was cool!
#1Brad Kuhn Fan (Offline)
  #5 5/5/09 10:33 AM
If they could get duke to go fast enough.It was a good day.

Just kidding duke.

SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #6 5/5/09 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by #1brad kuhn fan:
if they could get duke to go fast enough.it was a good day.

Just kidding duke.

i will meet you someday!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #7 5/5/09 1:31 PM
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE:

you sure will...where you going this weekend?
ThrottleHead (Offline)
  #8 5/5/09 3:01 PM
And do what? Kick his butt? Make sure I am there so I can personally call 911 on you......
  #9 5/5/09 5:06 PM
Originally Posted by ThrottleHead:
And do what? Kick his butt? Make sure I am there so I can personally call 911 on you......
hogan6 (Offline)
  #10 5/5/09 6:06 PM
Geeee...what an honor that would be!!! Meeting the SUPERDUD. Actually I have. He's not too bad for an old, bald, out of shape, blowhard.
Closed Thread