#3 1/17/17 5:23 PM
Sheldon Kinser Memorial?

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: Gregg, Racer12
cmiracingvids (Offline)
  #4 1/17/17 5:40 PM
Originally Posted by sjracer26:
Only 12 Racesaver events...
What are you talking about? Whenever it says sprints you can take the wings off and race your racesaver. There's tons of races.
5 Likes: Charles Nungester, Jim Gardner, PIT CART, PJ Wright, sjracer26
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #5 1/17/17 5:48 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Sheldon Kinser Memorial?
Just a guess, but I thought Sprintweek worked well last year.
2 Likes: jim goerge, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #6 1/17/17 6:34 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Just a guess, but I thought Sprintweek worked well last year.
Me too. In fact, I think i suggested it

Charles Nungester
KingRandomUser (Offline)
  #7 1/17/17 8:59 PM
Keep in mind that the schedule isn't the final one, hence the 2 TBA dates in September. So classes can be changed or added in due time or as seen fit. It's simply a quick look so people can perhaps plan ahead for some of the bigger dates.

I will agree though, being the only track in Indiana running the 305's currently, they should be a weekly class that runs every week except the MOWA date. With car counts being what they are in nearly every class they could easily run 4 classes most nights [save for USAC/MOWA dates] and still be done by 11pm or so.

Also, like last year, the Sheldon Kinser Memorial race is the USAC Sprint week event and likely will be every year from now on.
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, Racer12
  #8 1/18/17 9:54 AM
I think the other poster is exactly right. There is no reason the 305s can't take the wing off and run. From what I seen half the field was guys that ran NW anyway. IM sure the racesaver isn't the power that the 305s are in Ohio but I seen several of those run up front in 410 races if the track is right. Watched Dallas Hewitt take one from 14th to 3rd at Eldora.

Charles Nungester
KingRandomUser (Offline)
  #9 1/18/17 11:42 AM
To do that they have to bring 2 cars. Kerry Kinser did the wing and non-wing swap with the same car through most of last season. Till Bloomington put out a new rule towards the late part of the season that eliminates people from doing that. Basically states the same car can not be entered into 2 different classes on the same night.
  #10 1/18/17 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by KingRandomUser:
To do that they have to bring 2 cars. Kerry Kinser did the wing and non-wing swap with the same car through most of last season. Till Bloomington put out a new rule towards the late part of the season that eliminates people from doing that. Basically states the same car can not be entered into 2 different classes on the same night.
If they're already running a NW car, why would they be entering another car?
Im talking about the Racesavers that don't have a place to race. Take the wing off and run. If you don't have a driver, Im sure many who can and want too are available.

Charles Nungester