IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Midwest Connection (Offline)
  #1 8/21/08 2:25 PM
I am sure many Indiana open wheel fans will remember this driver - Chuck Amati. At least the fans who attended Paragon Speedway in 1988, '89, '90, will remember Chuck Amati. :Steer

Other than Paragon Speedway, I have no idea where else Chuck raced in Indiana.

I last saw Chuck Amati at the WoO race at I-55 Raceway, MO in 2008.

Have a good day...see you at the races :thumb

Midwest Connection

Rich Edwards - Arnold, Missouri

Chuck Amati autographed photo.
Midwest Connection (Offline)
  #2 8/21/08 2:27 PM
Chuck Amati at Tri City Speedway, Illinois in 2007
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #3 8/21/08 2:41 PM
Chuck also ran at Haubstadt a lot. This guy was definitely someone I looked up to, when I was a kid. Not only was he a big time ass kicker, behind the wheel of a sprinter, he was also probably the most charismatic driver of that era. In a day when everybody went to the pits after the race, nobody was better at greeting and interacting with the fans, than the One Arm Bandit was.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #4 8/21/08 2:43 PM
i saw him race at plant field in the 70's during the florida state fair in february
always a thrill to watch!!!!!!!!:thumb

great picture's
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #5 8/21/08 3:26 PM
Originally Posted by Midwest Connection:
I am sure many Indiana open wheel fans will remember this driver - Chuck Amati. At least the fans who attended Paragon Speedway in 1988, '89, '90, will remember Chuck Amati. :Steer

Other than Paragon Speedway, I have no idea where else Chuck raced in Indiana.

I last saw Chuck Amati at the WoO race at I-55 Raceway, MO in 2008.

Have a good day...see you at the races :thumb

Midwest Connection

Rich Edwards - Arnold, Missouri

Chuck Amati autographed photo.
THIS PHOTO WAS ANDERSON IN. LITTLE 500:checkered:
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #6 8/21/08 4:53 PM
I remember the One Are Bandit running LBurg in the early 90s in a 66 car. If Im not mistaken, HIm or the driver of that car after him won the track championship in it.

Im glad he came back, I had only read about him before and a lot of his career was interupted due to the accident.

Thanks Chuck!
Chuck

Charles Nungester
Mark Sr (Offline)
  #7 8/21/08 5:46 PM
Wow! Chuck Amati.. One of my hero's... I have seen him do something's in a sprint car......
harms52 (Offline)
  #8 8/21/08 6:18 PM
LOL!!! I knew it!!! I was at the 2007 Tri-City race. I remember turning to my buddy and saying "Man that guy looks like Chuck Amati". My buddy replied "doubt it, haven't seen him around for a while". Truly a legend.
JackWissmller (Offline)
  #9 8/21/08 7:27 PM
Chuck was seen recently helping out his grandson at Jacksonville. If you roam the pits this Friday, you may see him there again.
jd1sprint (Offline)
  #10 8/21/08 7:36 PM
Thanks for posting the Amati pics. I had the honor of racing with Chuck back in the day. :respect:

Jeff