IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
View Poll Results: Should blankets to mark seats be allowed days before the show?
Yes 54 23.08%
No 166 70.94%
special circumstances only 14 5.98%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll
VSneader2 (Offline)
  #1 9/3/09 3:51 PM
How do you all feel about this? Do you think it is ok to put blankets down and mark your seats days before the show or even leave them on all season?? Personally I think it should be limited to day of show only. There have been many times I have gotten somewhere early to get a good seat and they are all marked off already. What are your opinions on this??
Kevracer58 (Offline)
  #2 9/3/09 4:20 PM
Nothing makes me more angry than to get to a track early, pay my hard earned money then get to the grandstands and find blankets taped down everywhere on the good seats.
Seadog (Offline)
  #3 9/3/09 4:38 PM
I've seen blankets taped down and the people never even showed up for those "claimed" seats.

I hate that practice. JMO.
2 Likes: Bruce Harrison, jerrydt
awnunn (Offline)
  #4 9/3/09 4:38 PM
I think it is ok to mark your seats early, we open up the bleachers days ahead of the Jackson 100 at Brownstown. I dont think you should leave them there all year. Why shouldnt the people that support the track EVERY week get a shot at the good seats before a big race. this is just my opinion and mine alone.
Fisher79
  #5 9/3/09 4:49 PM
Absolutely not. General admission should be just that.
2 Likes: Bruce Harrison, interpreter66
Steve Wendel (Offline)
  #6 9/3/09 4:56 PM
Blankets day of race only,everyone pays the same and gets the same chance for seats!
2 Likes: Bruce Harrison, Jimmydiesel
cabjr111 (Offline)
  #7 9/3/09 4:57 PM
Originally Posted by awnunn:
I think it is ok to mark your seats early, we open up the bleachers days ahead of the Jackson 100 at Brownstown. I dont think you should leave them there all year. Why shouldnt the people that support the track EVERY week get a shot at the good seats before a big race. this is just my opinion and mine alone.
Because I pay the same price for my ticket. This is my opinion

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Fisher79:
Absolutely not. General admission should be just that.
That's exactly right ...GAS CITY

Clinton A. Bledsoe, JR.
badcoupe (Online)
  #8 9/3/09 5:30 PM
I pull the crap up and sit wherever I want too, they should''ve been there earlier IMHO
Pine (Offline)
  #9 9/3/09 5:49 PM
I like what our (PA) tracks do. The top two or three rows are reserved. You pay 40$ per seat at the beginning of the year and thats YOUR seat for the whole year. That includes "Special Events". Not all reserved seats are sold so people can call ahead the weeks they know they will be at a certain race and get a reserved seat that is not already taken...

1) You don't have to worry about getting there early
2) There is still reserved seating
3) More income for the track
4) Evvvvvvvvvvery one's a winner....

badcoupe, you would do that to me ONE TIME........Have a nice day.....
3 Likes: Bruce Harrison, Jimmydiesel, MOORESVILLETRUCKER
SHORTBUS (Offline)
  #10 9/3/09 5:53 PM
Originally Posted by badcoupe:
i pull the crap up and sit wherever i want too, they should''ve been there earlier imho
some people get there the day before or 5-6 hours ahead of gate opening.
Then there are the ones who get there as the races are about to start & expect to have good seats.i know there are a few that never show up to claim there seats.( this is wrong )
the only way you get my seat is fight me for it or show up 5 hours ahed of time.
It is against race track etiquet to mess with some one elses blankets,
thats just like going to the parking lot & moving my vehicle -- which is also a no no .
Good luck getting a good seat.
2 Likes: Jimmydiesel, MOORESVILLETRUCKER
Closed Thread